Whats your favorite FF car seat

nevaehsmommy

What is your favorite FF car eat of all times? Do they still make it?

I am STILL looking for a seat for my daughter. Time is running out. I need to give her seat to my neice and then she will have to either be in a belt buckle with high back booter or get a new seat......I MUCH prefer the new seat, preferably RF.

I dont need the seat tommorow but within the next 3 or 4 months. DN is 7 months, 28 inche and 13# DD is 2 years 10 month, 36/37 inches and 30 ish #

I thought I would get the regent...but now I dont know. I am having MAJOR intall issue with my moms car. We are only in a car 2 days a week as it is.......

Money is not an issue, but I dont have a lot of it either.

My mom says to give this issue a rest and just put her in a seat and dont think about it. I put her FF this weekend just for a trial run and nearly had a panic attack all the way to town. I know I will have to FF her at some point jut not in the next 5 years :whistle: LOL Anyway just a little vent to ppl who understand

And I DONT HAVE To give my eat to DN but she will be in a coco high back booster other wise. Even if he does not meet height or weight requirements. MY sister will keep her RFing tho if I give her my seat....go figure.:mad:

ADS

skylinphoto

She's still small enough to RF..and it will apparently make you feel better if she is! lol.
I'd get a Truefit..and rearface her (give lots of comfy room). Then it makes a nice ffing seat (to 65 lbs).
And it's affordable at under $180.

You are a great person for looking out for your dn like that. :)

NannyMom

Deffinetly NOT a highback booster with seatbelt. Too young and too small. You're right that she's better off rear facing right now :) I agree with the previous poster about the True Fit.

Kat_Momof3

my favorite ff seat is the Graco Nautilus.

However, for your child, who has plenty of time to rearface... I have two questions..

1. what seat is she in now??

2. what is your budget?

Offhand, I'd probably say I'd pick the Truefit or the Evenflo Triumph Advance.

nevaehsmommy

She is in the Safety 1st 3 in 1 or the Scenera. My budget is...wellll for the right seat....I would like to stay under $200.

I bought the scenera to get us more time RF. She sits FF in the Safety 1st. I can give my sister either seat...

I like the True FIt as well. I dont like the Triumph. It is padded well though. I jut dont like the whole straps and knobs and afraid would be hard to adjut RF. Have not jut gone out and bought a true fit bc we live in the middle of nowhere and even the next largest town does not carry the truefit to try in person. I think I would have to go to Kansas City or STL.

emars002

for under $200 I would also say the TF - I liked it RF and FF - it looks really comfortable and had a nice natural recline to it FF that my daughter liked:) It has a really tall shell so it should help her RF longer as well as last her awhile FF.

Mama Jo

Another vote for the TF. I sometimes wish I had one instead of my BLVD. (Although I do :love: the cowmoo...) But the ratcheting adjuster on the BLVD is kind of a PITA. It's a lot more difficult to tighten than even the Frontier, which also has the ratcheting adjuster. And I also think it has a little bit deeper seat, which would make it more comfy for an older RF'ing kiddo or one with longer legs.

solmama

We love our TF! It's easy to install and has lots of leg room ff and rf. I like the lockoffs and harness height adjuster (don't have to uninstall the seat). It also has a tall shell, so for tall, slim kids, it will last a long time rear-facing.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm all for RF to the limits, but this is for your DD, who could very well be 3 years old by the time you buy the seat? At 3 and 30lbs, I'd gladly keep my child RF, but I'm not sure I'd want to put money towards a convertible. Not unless I was okay with spending the money for RF for what could be a very limited amount of time.

Have you looked at the Graco Nautilus?

nevaehsmommy

:pI looked at the Nauti at walmart and although I like it , I dont love it.

I am really scarred to put her FF. I know I will have to at some point....

If sister wants the scenera then I will buy a new seat , if not I can wait 9 more pounds......

Just trying to figure things out a bit so I can save up money.

She is wishy washy about what seat she wants. I *almost* hopes she takes the scenra so that I can get a new high weight seat instead of having to wait. LOL I am bad. I really like the regent or True fit.

Regent is being DCed and True fit I have not had a chance to look at IRL

I just need to cool it and who knows maybe a new seat that I like better will be here in the next few months.

jodibug

Hello!

I know that I already told that you that I had bought a True Fit in January but then returned it.

I only took it back because it was so wide that my teenagers were very squished on either side of it. I went with the RN80 to give my teens some more room in the backseat.

I loved the TF and I am sure that you would also.

Since I live near you I can vouch for it not being in any nearby stores.... but I am just so sure that you would love it that I think you could order it online. I know that some sites (maybe elitecarseats.com???) have return shipping insurance for about $5 so you aren't out much if you don't like it.

I can tell you that it is a big seat and I am sure that your 3 year old would fit great and be able to stay RF'ing, which I know is important to you!

If you can find a sitter to take the CPST class 4/22-25, I would love to meet up with you then!

nevaehsmommy

I would love to take the class and now that she is weaning.....let me ask around a little bit more.

I would love to work in the kids dept at walmart....just so I can help all the moms I see looking at crap seats for to young of kids....such ambitions in life.:whistle:

jodibug

My daughter just turned one about a week ago (not weaning yet). I am planning to pump at least once each day of class, even if I have to sit in my car to do it. (There has to be a lunch break, right?)

I am only planning on pumping at work for a few more weeks anyway, and after that just letting her nurse when I am at home. So it won't be a huge deal if I can't pump at class.

But I have been waiting for the same thing. I thought I would have to wait until DD did wean, but I doubt that I will find a class this close anytime soon again, so I decided to go ahead and go for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC