Feet/legs touching the back doesn't matter. FFing is not for us.

skylinphoto

My little guy is about to be 3 years old..and weighs 27-28lbs.
He's in a signo..and smashed! And he's a short little guy! Only 35.5 in tall!

3396312947_ecca445a30.jpg

So, we decided since he's nearly 3 years old..we'd turn him ffing.

He did NOT like it!

He wanted his seat backwards again.

"seat back.." he was trying to point backwards..
3397123306_852b8e6e0b.jpg

"aislin out!"
3397123474_e5c4f74633.jpg

Needless to say. He will stay rfing for a while longer..despite the legs. He apparently likes his legs like that..

Here's how he normally sits.. :) ----this pic makes him look more upright then he is.

3397143406_bc9a05c127.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

ADS

skaterbabs

Joy *hated* FF for months after we had to turn her. Our spare seat had a 30 lb limit, which she met on her second birthday. She met the 33 lb limit on her MA three months later, by which time we'd purchased a 35 lb limit seat. We were ][ this close to ordering a Swedish seat for her because she screamed so much FF.

Ali

I turned DD FF at 2 years, 9 months because she reached 32 lbs and had a 33lb limit MA. She HATED it. Complained constantly, kept telling me I put her seat "backerds" and that I needed to fix it.

She lost some weight and I turned her back RF until she was 3 1/2. I did rig up footrests for her because she has some sensory issues that made her hate FF. Now that she's in lower profile seats she is better.

I love when people say kids aren't comfortable with their legs up like that (RF). Have you ever seen a kid sit with legs down or hanging for long periods of time? No way, they sit all kinds of wonky ways.

NannyMom

That's too cute that he wanted his seat back RF :) Even with those squished legs :)

Sofi kept asking to sit in the back (3rd row) so I switched seats around and put her RF MA in the back, and as soon as she saw it she said "no, right there" and pointed to the 2nd row where her seat has always been. Little ones certainly like things 'just so' :)

Can he fit in the AOE the baby has? That may give him more room to manuver his legs (throw them over the side maybe).

Kat_Momof3

Ruthie was plumb terrified when she first had to go ff... the first time was when we first had the Marathon and first had two cars and silly me didn't think that there would be a place I couldn't install the Marathon, so I gave away her old seat (40lb limit triumph)... she SCREAMED (but it was for the best, since I ended up getting the scenera that had more rf room than the triumph and was able to then use the Marathon for Jeffrey until we got him a Husky)... when she was 23.5mo and outgrew it in weight, it was not as bad, but not much better... those wide eyes, gripping the sides with apprehension, legs straight out pushing against the back of the seat in front of her in fear... and screaming during turns...

When she dropped those 5lbs and I flipped her back around, she was so happy that I had to do it with her IN the seat... the minute she saw me put it on the vehicle seat backwards, she was insistent about getting in... and kept saying "thank you, thank you!"

She wasn't afraid at 2.5yrs anymore, and I was glad, since she never dropped below the limit again, so she had no choice and no mother wants her child to be riding around terrified... but I can't say I blame her... you go from nice, contained, in a relaxed and comfy position to feeling like, at any sudden stop, you might fly out of your seat.

Anyway... I'm with your son...

It sounds like he really loves the Signo... what can you do but leave him there as long as you can.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC