Grrrr... Britax website

Splash

How can we expect people to get it right when they can't?

They redid their website, and the pictures on the front page are horrible! Every single kid in the seats FF is WAY too young (especially the Diplomat picture, I'm not even sure that kid is over a year), the MA is installed all wonky horrible, there is a tiny little kid in the Frontier (probably not over two years old) and a kid no older than four using it as a booster. The only seat shown RF is the RA, and the kid in the BV (also probably barely over 1/20, if that) has the straps up by her ears and her head nowhere near contained in the wings.

These pictures are horrible! I am appalled that Britax supposedly cares so much about the safety of children and would be willing to put that on their website. The Diplomat picture is the worst, but the BV is a very very close second.

Nice.

ADS

Auntie2Avi

Those pictures are horrible for a company that promotes ERF. The MA looks like it is floating on the seat and giant or something, it looks so strange.

Maedze

Well, if it helps, I think the little boy in the denim MA is an appallingly bad photoshop job.

That being said, I'm not surprised. Britax puts 'lip service' to child safety but from what I've seen in the last few years, I think their quality has gone downhill. I'm just not a Britax fan anymore, and I likely won't ever buy another Britax product again unless they do something really surprising.

Maedze

Those pictures are horrible for a company that promotes ERF. The MA looks like it is floating on the seat and giant or something, it looks so strange.

They don't promote ERF. They regularly show and recommend putting tiny children forward facing.

henrietta

well, the one bonus is that apparently they redesigned the site recently, and it's so difficult to read and find stuff that not many people are going to hang around looking at things anyways. it looks like crap. it used to be easy to use. now, it's pretty bad. don't know why/who redid it, but yuck!

henrietta

emars002

wow, the baby in the diplomat is definatley young and that marathon pic:eek: that is one bad photoshop job!
oh and that blvd - she is so little that it doesn't like the harness is tight enough with hugs on - they really need to turn that one RF and take the hugs off or get a bigger kid!

Evolily

The marathon looks like it's installed in the cargo area? :eek:

I also think it has two belts running through the belt path....

emars002

The marathon looks like it's installed in the cargo area? :eek:

I also think it has two belts running through the belt path....

I thought the same thing but then you can see how high up it is next to the cup holders - That is one vehicle i have never seen before!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
wow that is AWFUL.
Why on earth would they do that? Of they really wanted the pics to be FFing pics, due to the angle or whatever, why not just use BIGGER kids?
At this point, I have very little respect for them.....at least dorel isn't out there saying "hey we're awesome,we care so much about kids and are blazing trails advancing child passenger safety..." and then pulling crap like this. I'd rather go with the company that is at least honest about not giving a damn what is safest and catering to the mindless throngs of sheeple who want their tiny infants FFing.....way to bow to the almighty $$$$$$.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Britax is what it is -- a for-profit company. They sell carseats. They sell some good seats, and some less good seats (IMO, of course). They are not an advocacy or lobbying group. I'm always thrilled when I see best practice or genuine advocacy, of course, but I don't expect it from a carseat manufacturer any more than I expect Qdoba to truly advocate for good nutrition.

I'm not thrilled, but I'm not going to change my mind about purchasing or recommending the seats.

Pixels

The Marathon photo ... definitely Photoshopped.

They used young models because that is what the parents can relate to when they're shopping. If I'm shopping for a convertible (in general), I want a seat for my baby, and can't forsee using it for my 4-5 year old.

They used FFing because of the angles for getting photos.

The Boulevard pic, the seat is adjusted taller to show that there's growing room, it's not almost outgrown by a child the size/age of the model.

If Britax actually wanted to promote ERFing, they wouldn't have the ability to recline FFing for children light enough to RF. I think the only evidence I have seen that they encourage ERFing is the 2yo age minimum on the Frontier. Higher RFing weight limits is just them trying to compete with everyone else (except of course Graco's convertible).

At least Dorel has a 34" FFing minimum. Granted, most parents check the weight limits, not the height limits, so end up FFing way too early anyway.

And I agree, the website was MUCH easier to navigate yesterday.

Interesting, did you know that Britax makes a seat for a 37 pound 10 month old? I was just playing around with the seat selector. And it suggests the RA for a hypothetical 40 pound child. It's not super horrible, but it does leave a bit to be desired.

Amaris

On a side note, anyone noticing the advocate doesn't seem to be there anywhere? It was on the old site as coming in 2009.

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yikes. I am very turned off by that site. I know they are in the business of selling carseats, but... :eek:

Maedze

wow that is AWFUL.
Why on earth would they do that? Of they really wanted the pics to be FFing pics, due to the angle or whatever, why not just use BIGGER kids?
At this point, I have very little respect for them.....at least dorel isn't out there saying "hey we're awesome,we care so much about kids and are blazing trails advancing child passenger safety..." and then pulling crap like this. I'd rather go with the company that is at least honest about not giving a damn what is safest and catering to the mindless throngs of sheeple who want their tiny infants FFing.....way to bow to the almighty $$$$$$.

Britax is what it is -- a for-profit company. They sell carseats. They sell some good seats, and some less good seats (IMO, of course). They are not an advocacy or lobbying group. I'm always thrilled when I see best practice or genuine advocacy, of course, but I don't expect it from a carseat manufacturer any more than I expect Qdoba to truly advocate for good nutrition.

Yes and YES.

I wouldn't be so irked if Britax didn't set themselves out there as trailblazers of child safety.

I think they're still mistakenly riding on the magic carpet, er Roundabout, of circa 1999, when Britax was truly the only game in town. They were head and shoulders above everything else out there.

Now we have comparable, and in many cases, better seats in almost every category from every company and Britax has done exactly nothing in advancing child saftey in quite a while, other than, uh, making a heck of a lot of convertibles.

I can't think of a single scenario where I would recommend a Britax anything over another comparable seat from another company.

Show me some innovation, and I'll be impressed. Until then...meh, they're dead to me...dead!

Or, at least, they're no better than Recaro :p

emandbri

Oh those are SOOOOO horrible. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Those pictures seriously make me feel ill to my stomach and make me glad that I have no britax seats in my van right now.

skylinphoto

someone needs to send that marathon pic to photoshopdisasters.blogspot! LOL.

I don't think britax is any better than most companies out there. They do what they need to do for profit.
Unfortunately that means giving bad ideas to parents sometimes...but, how many carseat companies do you see promoting best practice?

I've never been a britax fan though..lol.

lovinwaves

Splash, you're just upset since they used the Odyssey :p

Yikes, on some of those photos though :eek:

Oh, and anyone want to guess where they have that Roundabout rear-facing tether attached too :whistle: It's definitely not to the flip down tray table.

At least they followed Honda's recommendation of removing the headrests in the third row for that photoshopped Marathon.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Weird, I can't see it...just the neutral old child free pictures I've always seen. Not sure I want to...but do you guys have to be so meeeeeean? :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC