Which will fit better Marathon or Boulevard in a 2007 Kia Optima

U

Unregistered

I'm looking at the Marathon or the Boulevard but would like to know if it will fit in my Kia Optima. I will have to drive over 2 hours for a store that has them in stock to try. I would like to just order on line if someone can tell me it will fit RF in my car.

TIA Tammy

ADS

henrietta

The Britax convertibles fit in pretty much anything, and the Blvd and the Marathon will fit exactly the same. They are exactly the same size and install pretty much just alike. We've installed ours in our VW Passat, my mom' Infiniti, and mil's Infiniti's without any problems.

GL!

henrietta

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Either will fit just fine, they are essentially the same size as each other, so neither is going to fit better.
how old is the baby you are putting in it? As long as they are older, you can put the seat pretty upright, it doesn't have to be the full 45 degrees. That buys you a lot of room.
You might have issues with getting one in the middle, since the middle space is so narrow and sort of puffs out, but outboard should be just fine.

U

Unregistered

LO will be 9 months old on the 10th and weighs in at 16.5lbs and 27in long. Which do you guys like the best...My sister is having a fit that my carseat is outboard. When we change to FF will it fit in the middle? My car is 07 is that makes any differance.

Thanks again,
Tammy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Some people like the Marathon better because it's just the base model and the kid hates the wings. Others love the Boulevard because it seems to offer my side impact protection and a more narrow place for baby to sleep.

It may fit in the middle forward facing, but forward facing is years off. Your seats have 35 pound rear facing limits, and the AAP has recommended since 2002 to rear face to the maximum limits of the convertible seat. So you're not looking at forward facing in three months, at that weight more like 2.5 years.

Wendy

MommyBoha

Some people like the Marathon better because it's just the base model and the kid hates the wings. Others love the Boulevard because it seems to offer my side impact protection and a more narrow place for baby to sleep.

It may fit in the middle forward facing, but forward facing is years off. Your seats have 35 pound rear facing limits, and the AAP has recommended since 2002 to rear face to the maximum limits of the convertible seat. So you're not looking at forward facing in three months, at that weight more like 2.5 years.

Wendy

:thumbsup: Exactly what she said. Your seat needs to be where you can get the best install, whether outboard or center. Just remember you dont have center LATCH in a Kia, so if you want a center install, then you must install with the seat belt. It should fit no problem RF in the center. Ive never had any problem installing the FPSVD in the center. The Britax allows for RF tethering to. RF is 5 times safer. My DD is 3 years old, 28lbs and still RF.

Mommy2Marcus

Either one will fit RF in your car! I fit a Marathon RF in the center of my DH's 2 door Cavalier as well as outboard RF in my 2 door Impreza. So it fits well in small cars. With her being a little older she will not need the full 45 degree recline which will help.

I also agree with keeping her RF. She is so little. Here is a video that shows WHY to keep them RF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8

I left my DS RF till 2 when he got close to the RF weight limit of my MA!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Your car is a very safe car. I know, I have one too! Outboard is going to be very safe, and a good installation outboard is much safer than a bad installation center. That being said, if you just have the 1 child, you can always TRY the center. you can NOT use the LATCH system there, there are no anchors, so you will need to use the seatbelt. Once you have the seat, just try it....i can see it working well actually, although it will seriously impinge upon both outboard spaces.
If you want,you can send your sister here, and we can explain to her how she is..um..misguided that being in an outboard position is not safe. What on earth does she think happens when you have 2..or 3, or 4 or 5 children?

I personally have an AOE or a titan rearfacing for my 15 month old behind the driver, and a Nauti installed behind the passenger. My son is tiny like your child, he is only 28 inches and 21 pounds at 15 months, so I fully expect we will be able to RF until age 4 or so, and I am so HAPPY I will be able to keep him so safe for that long. Having tiny kids is AWESOME in the carseat world!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC