Can't believe I saw this!

Michi

I was horrified this weekend while driving down the highway....

Directly in front of me was an older minivan with one of those "after-market rear facing benches for kids" in it.
There were two car seats on it with LITTLE ( should still be rear facing) babies in them.
They looked to be about 8-10 months old, and they were literally only inches from the back door/window of this minivan!
It was awful just seeing those little babies riding in the 'crumple zone!'

I'll bet she figure that they 'were' rear-facing because she installed their seats on that bench. Grrrrrr.....

I ended up passing her, and the other two rows of the minivan were also full of kids in car seats! I don't know if all of the kids were hers or she had a daycare or what ???
I just can't believe - especially after SEEING one, that people think those things are safe!

ADS

melaniev

arent the seats of a car bolted to the frame? if not, i know they're bolted with aircraft-quality steel bolts thru the metal on the floor (i saw my husband remove and replace a couple when he worked in the industry). how can a seat that's not installed in such a way be safely affixed? and if it cant why are these things allowed to be sold?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Sometimes I HATE looking in other peoples cars...this weekend on the way to the state fair, among TONS of traffic...I saw a little girl about 18mo old standing on the floor of a crew cab truck. As the mom 'took off' at the light, the little girl about fell. HELLO.

Then yesterday, I was at the store, and there was a kid around 2.5-3yrs old, in an OHS, without the harness.

Just breaks my heart. And don't even get me started on my daycare parents. I have 3 parents w/5 kids total, and NOT ONE is correctly in their seat. And yes...I've told them.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I know what you mean about daycare parents. Its so disturbing to see the kids that you take such good care of all day, go home at night not properly protected in their own parents' cars. As daycare providers, we have a special bond with those kids, which makes it even worse to see, especially when they are properly restrained & protected in our vehicles anytime we go anywhere with them. I have threatened to call the police on some parents, but they know that the police around here wouldn't do anything about it anyway, so it doesn't do any good. Ahhhh!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC