first years infant seat via?

danou

I was in Zeller's and saw an infant seat (first years) sold with a magna light stroller. I was wondering if anybody has one and what they thought of it.
It has the no-thread adjuster like it's big brother True Fit.

The seat looks nice and deep with nice side impact protectors.

Anyone on the up and up?
d:)

ADS

sparkyd

I don't think I've seen anyone on here comment on this seat yet - or maybe I missed it. I think it is only available with the stroller (i.e. you can't just buy the car seat), so that lowers it's appeal for some. The one thing I do know about it (at least I'm pretty sure) is that it is one of very few seats rated to fit a 4 lb baby. Given that the True Fit fits newborns quite well, I'm guessing this seat would actually fit a baby that small. I say that because a lot of seats that say they are good starting at 5 lbs actually do not fit babies that small at all.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm actually anxious to see if anyone responds with some experience with this seat.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
There don't seem to be a lot of people here who have used one themselves, but it has a lot of the features we tell parents to look for in general. I've looked at them myself a few times, and they do seem to be really nice. :thumbsup: The features it has that we like are:

• 5-point harness
  • Lined with EPS foam
  • Front-adjust harness
  • Level indicator

It also appears to be very comfortable/well-padded and quite light-weight. It has a minimum weight of 4lbs, so it can be used for smaller babies. One drawback on this seat is that it cannot be used without its base. It also doesn't have a higher weight limit for extended use.

Hopefully someone with more real experience will be able to give you their opinion on the seat. Good luck! :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have one and I love it. :)

The base is SUPER easy to use and install.
The handle is AWESOME. IT is the best one I have used so far. I LOVE it!
The harness is SUPER easy to adjust (both in height and tension).
The cover is nice.
The padding is nice.

The only complaint I have is that you can't use it without the base. Oh, and that it can't be used with a Snap-n-Go.

I bought mine as a stand-alone carseat (without the stroller), but I am in the US, so it could be that it is only available as a travel system in Canada.

cdncasper

One of my fellow techs has one for her 3rd baby and loves it with the exception of not being able to use it without the base. She tends to have smaller babies so she wanted something that would fit great right from birth.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC