Car seat in 3rd row of Acura MDX

BabyKaykes

Can it be done?

At Nw Years I tried installing DS's Nautilus in te 3rd row of my aunt's MDX with ZERO luck. I ended up successfully getting the seat in the second row between her boys' Titans (with lots of sweating/cursing).

We'll be visiting them again but will have another body in the car, so I need to put someone in the back row. I was thinking leaving the Titan on the driver's side, installing the GN in the center (putting one of her boys in it), then having DS in the 3rd row driver's side in the other Titan - freeing the passenger side seat to be used for 3rd row access.

Are there tips to a successful install back there? The female end of the buckle is the problem.

ADS
U

Unregistered

I just actually tried this today. After 1.5 hours of body contorting, cursing and sweating I gave up. SIGH!! The biggest problem for me is that the seat belt connectors face forwards and are basically stuck in that position which causes the belt to get mushed up and bent over itself... I can't get it tight enough. A friend suggested getting the local firestation to try it out for me. I might try that. I tell you what, I'll buy a new vehicle before I try that again! LOL!

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I have never had any problems in the 2007+ MDX but I have never tried in any older than that.

In my 2007 I have had a Regent and all the Britax convertibles fit fine in the third row...actually I find it to be a super easy install back there.

ETA: you pretty much *must* remove the headrest to get a good install in the third row.

BabyKaykes

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread! We took this trip back in early April.

Well, I STILL didn't get the GN in the 3rd row. Like pp said, since the female end of the buckle doesn't move, when you go to tighten the belt, it just bunches up in the male end. I think because the belt path is so high. The Titan installed fine in the back. Only the Titan in the 2nd row is installed with LATCH. All seats are top tethered. Her car is a 2004.

040309170625.jpg

Excuse the funky angle, I took this pic with my cell phone and was trying to get all three seats in the picture.

With the GN in the center, I also couldn't move the passenger side 2nd row seat to get to the back. So me and whichever kid wanted to be in the 3rd row at the time, had to load through the lift gate (I would've sat in the 2nd row, but didn't want to leave a lonely kid in the back).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC