Question Head rest on Nautilus

poohbearkrazy

Okay a friend of mine let me borrow a nautilus for my DS#1 until we can get something for him. But I'm having trouble keeping the headrest locked in the position that it needs to be in. DS is on the top slots and I keep raising the headrest so that it's not covering the harness but it won't stay like that. With any pressure at all it falls to the next position. It doesn't seem to lock in the position that he needs it in. I pulled it out of the car and looked at it from behind but i'm not seeing anything that would be causing the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Nope, sorry. When AJ had it (Evan is borrowing it right now) it was on the top slots w/ no problems. There's actually another headrest spot or 2 above that one IIRC.

christineka

I know that sometimes happens with the turboboosters and they have to be replaced. I'd call graco (or have your friend call) to see what they say.

Kat_Momof3

when you get it where you want it, try this trick... without holding the red button down at all, take both hands and yank up on the headrest.

chances are it's just not locking sufficiently because of the shape of the vehicle seat making it easier to lower than raise the headrest enough to get it to lock.

i have that problem just if I install it with the vehicle headrest backwards... instead of with the headrest completely removed.

I uninstall it to position the headrest.

However, if this is happening with the seat uninstalled (which I realize might have been supposed to be completely clear in your post), then I would have the owner call Graco and get a replacement headrest (the headrest CAN be removed, it's just tricky) and/or back of seat.

poohbearkrazy

However, if this is happening with the seat uninstalled (which I realize might have been supposed to be completely clear in your post), then I would have the owner call Graco and get a replacement headrest (the headrest CAN be removed, it's just tricky) and/or back of seat.

Yeah it happens weather the seat is installed in the car or not. When DH gets home from work I will pull it back out of the car and look at it some more. Last night when I pulled it out to look at it we were getting ready to leave so I didn't have much time to really look it over.

_Thanks

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Try clicking it into the spot ABOVE the top harness slot spot9booster mode slot), and then push DOWN into the top harness spot, until it "clicks"...if it doesn't click in, I'd say something is wrong.

Kat_Momof3

it sounds to me like something is wrong.

I can shove and pull all I want (I still have my nautilus in my living room as I've been too lazy to stick it back in the van... we haven't gone anywhere, so no need) on the headrest and unless I push the red button first/during, that thing doesn't move.... so I'd say there is some problem either with the headrest or the back or both.

poohbearkrazy

Ok, I got it pulled out of the car and still couldn't get it to completely lock into place. I got it to where it would lock on one side but not the other. I figured out how to completely remove the headrest and looked it over. I noticed a couple of screws that were loose and looked the whole thing over to see if there was somewhere that just wasn't moving right. I tightened the screws, but noticed when I pushed the red button in it would sometimes stick and not pop back out completely. I banged on the plastic by the red button firmly with my hand and it popped all the way out the way it's supposed to. I pushed it in multiple times and it popped back in the right position multiple times, so I put it back on the seat to test it and I think i got the problem solved. Now when it locks into position it's very firm. I can put quite a bit of weight on it and it doesn't budge. And when I pick the seat up by the headrest it doesn't move. :thumbsup:

I think I got it. Do you think I should still have my friend contact Graco about it?

Thanks for all the suggestions. You guys are so helpful. I wish I could have found this forum much sooner.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC