Proper head support height on Monterey??

AmyG

I just bought a Monterey for DD1 and so far we love it. But after reading the manual I'm not sure how to determine what the correct height is for the head support. Should her shoulder be 1 cm. below the red belt guide or 1 cm below the support wings?

ADS

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It looks like in Figure 9 they are indicating that the bottom of the belt guides should be 1" from the tops of the shoulders.

If you read section 7, point 6, it says that the shoulder guide should be at least 1 cm above the shoulders. So, you don't have to worry about it being exactly 1 cm. As long as it's a cm or more, you're fine. Really, I would go by how it positions the shoulder belt, as that's what the belt guide is there for.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I would go by how it positions the shoulder belt, as that's what the belt guide is there for.

This is how I do it for my own daughter: usually rushing through errands in icky weather with someone else's car being driven by whoever that someone is for that errand. Apparently, there's a fine line between careful & rude when some someones are waiting for me to do my magical carseat perfection thang :cool: I don't worry as long as the lap belt is on the hips/thighs & the shoulder belt is on the collar bone + sternum (breast bone) . . . I tend to err on having it slightly too high only because my daughter does NOT like it touching her shoulder, but not so high that the bottom of the head wings are a bother....

AmyG

Thanks ladies! I'll double check it tomorrow, trying it with both the higher and lower position. I like how the seat belt sits on her currently though, so that makes me feel better.

Kat_Momof3

I think the cm rule is just to help make sure the belt doesn't twist in the guide and that it still lets the belt adjust smoothly when tightening the belt.

your finger or thumb would usually be about 1cm thick in one direction or another, so if you figure out which finger is and how, that could also help you feel more secure in your choice of position.... but basically, it's pretty hard to mess it up... you just pick a position that is slightly above the shoulder while also keeping the headwings at a comfy place for the head.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC