Quick--I need a FF harness seat that will fit a bucket type seat.

groovymom2000

DH just got a new car, and although Ian won't be riding in it often--his MA simply won't fit. :( It's a BMW M3 convertible, and the seats are narrow and scooped. THere is a hump in the middle as well. Any idea what I should be looking for? Of course, there is the issue of Ian being right aound 37 lbs. or so, so ideally I would like the seat that I get to be on the cheaper side since we won't be getting much use out of it.
:rolleyes: I guess Ian won't be going anywhere with Daddy for a while.......

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yikes.

The Marathon has a fairly narrow base, so if it won't fit, it might be difficult to find a seat that will fit.

Honestly? I would suggest bringing the car to a store such as Babies R Us, BuyBuy Baby, or USA Baby. They will let you try out seats in the car to see which one fits. I would try the Sunshine Kids Radian. It is pretty narrow. Maybe it will fit.

Sorry I can't help you more!

Best of luck!

groovymom2000

It's not the base on the MA that won't fit, it's the way that the back is made and

the way that the base of the car's seat angles. The back of the car's seat is quite straight, and the seat angles down. It's really hard to describe. :(

gwenvet

This probablly isn't your case, but I had an embarassing situation when trying to install our MA in our Saab. For the life of me I couldn't get it snug up against the back of the seat with the base flat on the seat bottom. I kept thinking that the headrests were keeping it from coming in contact witht he seatback and they're not removable. I finally tried it again after a few months and realized that the seat was in recline mode. Upright it fits just perfectly.:rolleyes:

groovymom2000

Sadly, I wish that were the case....

I would feel so much better to be able to knock myself on the head and say"oh it's reclined" but it's not. I am going to take it out when the boys are in school next week and try out some seats. I know a tech as well who may be able to meet me out there. Otherwise, I guess Ian just won't be able to ride in the car. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC