Graco Mosaic?

chelle80

Is this a good stroller, does it fold easily, lightweight, and easy to steer with a higher weight child? I need a good lightweight stroller that will hold a 3 month old and a 32 lbs child comfortablly. Hubby really does not want to spend over $100 for a stroller. We have one of the evenflo comfort dimensions stroller and we love it but it is so huge and a big hassle to fool with everyday.Here is the one i am looking at...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...6?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BMK570

ADS

Ali

We have that exact stroller! I love, love, love it! We have 1 DD (20 mos - 25ishlbs & 33ish inches). We started with the full size Graco stroller - I hated that stroller - too big, bulky and takes up the whole back of our CRV. We also have 2 umbrella cheapy strollers.

I reasearched for months before deciding on the Graco Mosaic. It folds up easily, is very light weight, easy to push one handed (or with your elbow if needed :D ), DD loves riding in it, and the harness is wonderful. It can be a 5-pt harness type or just a regular stroller harness. It unbuckles easily with one button, but DD still can't get it undone herself.

Ali

It lays down fairly flat - you might need to roll blankets on either side of DC to keep from rolling, but with harness I think DC would be ok. A snugride carseat also fits on it.

skaterbabs

fwiw, IME the Graco strollers (on average) start getting difficult to steer around 35-36 lbs, and the 40 lb weight limit isn't particularly helpful when you have a 42 lb kiddo who still uses the stroller.

lovinwaves

FWIW, the only complaints I have heard about lightweight strollers is the front wheels getting stuck sideways all of the time. I have an umbrella stroller that is WORTHLESS because of that problem. I know it is a cheapy $30, but I have heard of the same problem with more expensive lightweights also. But KAK22 wasn't describing that all with this stroller. I would go to the store and push it around a little bit with your little one in it and see if you have that problem. I seemed to have the most problem with my wheels getting stuck on smoother glossy surfaces(like those in a store versus concrete with grip). That is awesome if it doesn't and if you are able to push it with one hand. Big plus with three kids!! I have also heard about people complaining about the restraint and how the seat sits. Like their kids slide forward too much and the straps dig into the kids crotch or side of leg. But again KAK22 talked like that wasn't a problem. It's nice that someone on here already has the stroller and gave it a good review though!! :)
You can also go to BRU and look up that stroller and read the reviews under the description. I always found that helpful.

chelle80

Thanks everyone for the advice, i went ahead and got one. We have used it for the last few days when we went shopping and it has worked beautifully, my baby loves it and the 6 yr old can push it easily. So, so far it is exactley what i needed, but i do have to complain about the basket, it isn't big enough. But i didn't expect to have a big basket on such a small stroller either.

lovinwaves

Thanks everyone for the advice, i went ahead and got one. We have used it for the last few days when we went shopping and it has worked beautifully, my baby loves it and the 6 yr old can push it easily. So, so far it is exactley what i needed, but i do have to complain about the basket, it isn't big enough. But i didn't expect to have a big basket on such a small stroller either.

Yay! I'm glad it is working for you. I may end up getting one. I am just so afraid of those dang wheels getting stuck sideways. Have you experienced that? Also, can you push and steer with one hand?

Ali

I haven't had any problems with the wheels getting stuck sideways. We use it around our neighborhood, the mall and occasionally on grass at the park. I can push and steer with one hand on cement or in stores. Not on grass, but I'm not sure of any stroller that I could push and steer with one hand on grass! :p

I really like the harness because I can use the shoulder straps or I don't have to. DD loves her stroller and doesn't try to wiggle out, so maybe that's why we don't have a problem with the straps.

chelle80

Yay! I'm glad it is working for you. I may end up getting one. I am just so afraid of those dang wheels getting stuck sideways. Have you experienced that? Also, can you push and steer with one hand?

So far i haven't had any problems with them turning sideways, i used it sunday in the mall, monday at a car dealership and walmart, and wednesday outside while my other 2 boys were playing. And yes, i have had to push it 1-handed, in wal-mart, i pushed it and pulled a cart, the cart gave me more trouble. Hope that helps you some!!

lovinwaves

:D Thank you KAK22, and Mommyof3Boys. I think DH and I may get that one. I just have my Duoglider and a jogger, so I am wanting one for my little guy who just turned one. We don't leave the house much, so when we do Peyton likes to walk, and she stays pretty close to me. It would be nice to just be able to pull out a lightweight for a change, KWIM.:D

skaterbabs

My OutRider could push and steer with one hand on grass, but they don't make it anymore. ;) Some of the high-end joggers with front-swivel wheels can.

skaterbabs

arg! Don't you hate that?! I need to get a new stroller, actually I need two. :rolleyes: My Air 6 is getting difficult to steer now that Joyjoy is close to the weight limit, and I need an umbrella stroller too.

DH is not thrilled with spending several hundred $$ on strollers at this point, but she's only three!

lovinwaves

arg! Don't you hate that?! I need to get a new stroller, actually I need two. :rolleyes: My Air 6 is getting difficult to steer now that Joyjoy is close to the weight limit, and I need an umbrella stroller too.

DH is not thrilled with spending several hundred $$ on strollers at this point, but she's only three!

With the joggers is seems to be you actually get what you pay for. Those higher-end ones though make we want to steal it right out of the store! They are so incredibly nice to push!!

The problem I have with umbrella stollers is they are so short. I am 5' 9.5". BRU told me I could buy the extender handles, but I wasn't so sure about that. The only strollers that fit me were really pricey. I just couldn't see spending that kind of money for an umbrella as I did my ENTIRE Graco Travel System. DH obviously wasn't so thrilled about it either.

So if anyone knows of a cheaper umbrella that will fit a taller person let me know!!

skaterbabs

Honestly, I want a Mac Quest. Specifically THIS ONE. Plus, since it's last year's model, the price is coming down because the '07 models are coming out. (Main difference between models is fabric choice, and Joyjoy, wants "the pink one mommy!")

Yes, it does cost almost as much as my travel system, but there's a HUGE quality difference between this and even the $30 umbrellas, not to mention the 55 lb weight limit, despite weighing less than 14 lbs.

lovinwaves

Honestly, I want a Mac Quest. Specifically THIS ONE. Plus, since it's last year's model, the price is coming down because the '07 models are coming out. (Main difference between models is fabric choice, and Joyjoy, wants "the pink one mommy!")

Yes, it does cost almost as much as my travel system, but there's a HUGE quality difference between this and even the $30 umbrellas, not to mention the 55 lb weight limit, despite weighing less than 14 lbs.

Oh my, that's expensive. Yeah, there would definitely have to be a HUGE difference between that and an umbrella. That one looks like the handles are tall enough to fit me. Another prob I had was my feet would kick the back of the umbrella stroller when I walked. It was so annoying. Does BRU carry this one. Maybe I can make it a X-mas present to myself! :rolleyes:

skaterbabs

BRU does carry it - at least ours had it in the last time I was there. Joyjoy had a fit when I didn't get it for her. lol

Also, look for the '05 models, and some of the less popular colors/patterns. I specifically want the pink fluer, so it's harder for me to find a good deal.

The Stroller Swap Yahoo group is good for finding gently used ones as well.

Lys

Senior Community Member
BRU does carry it - at least ours had it in the last time I was there. Joyjoy had a fit when I didn't get it for her. lol

The Stroller Swap Yahoo group is good for finding gently used ones as well.

Hi my name is Lysandra and I am a recovering stroller swap addict!! LOL :D

skaterbabs

LOL
I need to start looking on there for the Pink or Strawberry Fluer - I know someone will be selling one soon, but whether or not it will be a better buy the Ebay is a toss up.
Unfortunately it's going to have to wait a while - we're broke. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC