For fun.. what's YOUR torso and overall height? lol

skylinphoto

We're alway talking about our kids torso heights and stuff so, what's yours?

I'm only 59" tall and have a 22" torso. lol.

Yeah. I know, I'm ultra short. :whistle: People think I'm 14 years old most of the time.....haha.

What's yours?

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

Mine is around 26 inches, 68 inches tall. Heehee, my dd is 61-62 inches with probably a 22-23 inch torso. How do you all fit the seatbelts? Her legs aren't long enough to sit back in the rear bench of the big van.

munchkin

I'm 64" with 25.5 inch torso.

I so wish I was smaller (weight wise) and had a shorter torso, because I really want to sit in the Frontier at times :cool:. In my mom's truck, my sister puts the belt under her arm because it cuts into her neck really bad, so I have threatened to make her ride in the Frontier, she would totally fit!

AtTheSouthDam

68.5" with a 26" when I was curious and measured. DH won't cooperate but I sure his torso is shorter enen though he is taller. I have to move the rear view mirror up every time I drive the van.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Mine is around 26 inches, 68 inches tall. Heehee, my dd is 61-62 inches with probably a 22-23 inch torso. How do you all fit the seatbelts? Her legs aren't long enough to sit back in the rear bench of the big van.

n527327593_1690150_8395.jpg

In my truck my seat is all the way forward and all the way upright, and you can see the headrest helps hold the seatbelt down to an appropriate level. Even with all this I need to use my toes to get my clutch all the way down, and some days I'm sure people think I have engine trouble because it takes me two tries to get the clutch depressed enough to start it. In Nathan's Audi I noticed the seat is pretty much all the way forward as well, but his seatbelt adjuster comes down lower.

There are some cars I don't fit in. The center of my stepdad's Honda Accord, for instance. The seatbelt rode too high. There are some cars where I push the lap belt down (my truck). I'm just going with the "my skeleton is fully formed and at adult strength" and that I mostly fit and I don't fit in many boosters, so I'm doing the best I can. There are times I've wanted a booster, for sure.

Wendy

scatterbunny

I'm 65.5 inches with a 24 inch torso. It was hard to measure my own torso, though. I sat against the wall and took three different measurements. I got 23.5 once, 24.5 once, and 25 once. The 25 was with my leggs crossed, though, so I averaged the other two measurements and called it good. :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
66 inches tall, and I don't remember my exact torso height when I measured it previously, probably somewhere in the 23-24 inches range. My paper Ikea tape measure was shredded down to about a foot long by my little helpers and I haven't been to Ikea lately to pick up extra tape measures.

Pixels

63.75" standing (I call it 5'4", but there's one nurse at my OB's office ... let's just say she asked me every.time, and then decided to measure me too. I'm 27 years old, I'm not growing, ok? :soapbox:)
Torso: 23.5" legs straight out, 24.25" legs crossed
Approximately 27" inseam. Too tall for petites, too short for average pants. If I wear petites, they look good until I sit down. If I wear averages, they look fine sitting, and are too long when I stand up. I buy average, because too short looks goofier. If I'm wearing shoes, my pants don't drag. If I'm not wearing shoes, I'll roll them.
For reference, I have an average torso length with short legs. My family is full of goofy looking people with legs that are just too short for their bodies.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm just under 63" tall with a torso height of just over 23.25". I have the same problem pixels does. Petite pants are too short. Average pants are kind of long. I roll them up when I'm just hanging out at home so they don't drag. They usually fit ok when I'm wearing shoes.

BabyKaykes

60" standing, 19" torso

I'm feelin like a shorty!! I drive a '97 Breeze (Stratus). My seat is all the way forward and as upright as possible with the belt in the lowest position and the wheel all the way out and down - and still I could probably use a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC