Do you think this would buy me enough time?....

What would you do?

• Get the radian

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Get something else

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • clicky box

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

emandbri

I'm contemplating buying another radian so Benjamin and Elizabeth can each have one and then selling one of them to a friend of mine who needs one. She needs to do three in a row in a sadan.

For those who missed my other thread. I want to put Elizabeth in the radian so she can have more room rear-facing but then need a 5-point for Benjamin. I like the MA forward facing so after Elizabeth is 35 lbs I can put her back in the MA and have Benjamin in the radian.

I'm on the fence though if that will buy me enough time though. I'd really like to keep Elizabeth rear-facing to 35 lbs. Elizabeth is 2 years 8 months, was 31 lbs two weeks ago, 33.2 lbs Monday, 32.6 today. My friend's daughter is 8 months and 16.5 lbs, with 4 or 5 inches above her head in a 22 lbs snugride.

It seems like it should work but I'm unsure and wondering if I'm better off just buying something else. If my friend's baby needs it sooner I could always buy something else then.

ADS

Splash

I don't think it's worth it. But if you think it's worth it... just get the thing and then give it to her and at that time turn her.

MoreLatte

I would not buy a whole new seat for 2 or 3# of extra RF. But thats just me. I feel like I did a good job getting my little ones to 2 1/2 RF with 33# RF limit seats and don't feel guilty that they had to be turned at that time.

NannyMom

I'm horrible... I'd probably just turn her... :duck:

I just hate using the Radian rf

Why do you hate using the Radian RF? I'm curious because I plan to put Sofi in a RF RN in the Sienna.

She's over 2.5, and about 33 pounds. Really, I'd either use the MA to continue those 2 pounds (is it a 35 pound MA?) or turn her FF now.

Sceason1972

It all depends on what is important to you. 2yo and 30lbs is important to me - you've passed both of those. The expense of a new seat is not worth it to me, to get a 2/12 yo a couple more pounds rf. If it's worth it to you, then go for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC