Can't decide which seat to use, ERF any advice

PEIMommyof2

OK.... my mind is going around and around. I can't decide what to do. I am in Canada but any advice from anyone will help me!!! The child in question is DS who is 19 months about 26lbs (I will know for sure on Fri). He is ERF in my van in a MA and in DH car ERF in a TF. I just purchased an AO and he is also ERF in my parents vehicle.

my MA only RF to 30lbs so I'm thinking about what I am going to do when he reaches 30lbs. Maybe getting something for the last 5lbs or just to move the seats so the TF in my van and giving DH the MA in his car and FF when he hits 30lbs. I was just going to use the AO because my parents won't need it after July 1st. DS will be in daycare at that point. I was thinking about these 3 seats to use/buy (use AO I just purchased, buy another TF or buy a Scenera) I have rain check for both the true fit and scenera from Zellers and they both RF to 35lbs (they actually had the seats in stock but the cashier did not check and gave me the rain check anyway :thumbsup: (because I can't decide what to do yet, I would like to have options..)

I have someone willing to buy the AO from me for what I paid for it, it was only used 2 times in my parents vehicle but it is still installed there. It was hard to install, I tried with and without the base, the adjuster strap was hard to tighten and I don't really like the latch connectors, (if I had to use it I could). I like the ones on the TF and Marathon better. One of the main issues is that once my DD grows about 1/2" in her torso she will outgrow the radian (I want to keep her harnessd as long as possible) and that can be a spare seat for DS. She also has a nautilus and he will get that once she outgrows the harness and I'll get her a nice booster. I don't want to have 5 seats for DS in 2 years time. My head is spinning trying to decide what to do. For DH vehicle I would need to put in a TF or Marathon because he doesn't have latch and I would like to use the built in lock offs. Whatever seat I get I will end up selling it once DS reaches 35lbs because I have lots of options for him FF (he will have a MA, TF, Radian and a nautilus for 2 cars 1 kid...) What to do, What to do..... HELP:confused::confused::confused::confused:

so I guess my choices are
1) sell the AO and get a scenera or a true fit and sell when he reaches 35lbs
2) use the AO and sell when he hits 35lbs
3) sell the AO July 1st and FF in MA in DH car when he reaches 30lbs and keep ERF in my can in the true fit.

I don't have a lot of extra $$ to spend on carseats but safety is important to me :thumbsup: I want to do what is best.

Thank you for reading. Sorry for rambling on and on.....

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC