Pics of kids in the RSTV's?

Evolily

If you have a pic of a kid in an RSTV please post or link! I need to convince someone who thinks they're "stupid" that it's a safe and viable option (and the only option for a lap only belt between to GN's in a Grand Am.... :whistle: )

ADS

Evolily

Well, an 86-Y would also be an option, yes?

Any available booster won't fit in the space, and the kids will be

T-5 y/o & 42ish lbs (her mom uses a backless booster)
C- 4 y/o & 38 lbs (high func. autism)
A- 3 y/o & 33 lbs

The only other option would be to put turbos outboard for C & T- which might work OK for short trips (don't know- I've never road with C in a booster), but would be more risky for longer trips. The shoulder belts don't lock, so that's even a less appealing option... two radians and a booster would work, but that's like, what, 4x's the cost of a RSTV? If it's just me, or just my mom, driving then of course one kid could ride in front, but that isn't a good option either....

I'll convince her. I just want photos showing it's not "stupid" :D .

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ah! I was thinking for an OLDER kid. Never mind me. :)

Hopefully some nice pictures will turn up for you then.

I am getting one later this week and am very excited-- I'll be doing 3-across in a Sentra :)eek:) with a RF Uptown, FF Radian, and the RSTV in the middle.

Evolily

Good luck! I know that even the RSTV will even be a tight fit between the two GN's- good thing the kids are all skinny minis!

courtfrog2

This is my DD. She rides in this daily in her daycare lady's car. She loves it actually. Just bought my 9 year old a size large. I chose these over the EZ on harness because you can use the LATCH in the vehicles instead of having to put in different ones. Once installed, there is no way she is going anywhere! She even can use it w/out the tether in the vehicles without tethers as long as she has a Lap/shoulder belt. Plus... they never expire and the EZ on's do.

Last edited:

HEVY

This one is from about a year ago. Funny, I don't have one from when she was using it in DH's car with just the lapbelt and tether (using tether here too) Hopefully I will be getting my car back today and will post updated ones, with shoulder/lap and lap only.
cR002.jpg

cR004.jpg

fyrfightermomma

I'm confused how these work. Looking at Hevy's picture, I don't understand how it restrains the child. It looks just like she's wearing a vest and actually being restrained by a seatbelt. It doesn't look any different than if that was a jacket and she was being restrained by the seatbelt, KWIM? In an impact, won't the high lap belt impact her the same as if she had no vest on?? I can't imagine a top tether does anything to stop her from impacting the lapbelt.

Someone explain this to clueless me! :confused: LOL

mish

I have pics, but I'm at work right now. I will try to post some later. My son is bigger than those pictured here. Does that matter? He is over 60 pounds and he is 8.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I can take some this afternoon, of my 4 and 5 year old in it, I can even to them between 2 GNs if you would like :)

Evolily

Thanks for the pics! I'll show them to her :)

I convinced her today- a half hour of, erm, mildly ranting about it on the way to the zoo :whistle: (she's family, she'll live) and she is now letting me do whatever :D .

Any more pics would be great to show her how kids fit them- don't worry about getting them up quickly though :) .

Sigh, I *really* need to take a better pic. This was just a "see how it fits" shot I took the day we got our RSTV. I was so eager to show how I could finally fit another child safely between two Parkways in the back of a 1997 Honda Civic that I didn't get the vest all properly snugged down on DD2 so it's riding too high on her and the lap belt position's wrong (don't worry, we didn't drive anywhere with the vest like that). DD's are still at school now and the Civic is in the shop getting a muffler transplant, so a new pic will have to wait another day or two.
DSCF1422-1.jpg

Oh, and on the occasions where we've given one of DDs' classmates a ride home and offered the classmate the choice of using one of the Parkways or the vest, at least half of them choose the vest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC