Should I cancel my ARB TF order or not?

Synchro246

Mickey is 22 months and is 31.5lb. (He was 28lb, I think, when he turned one).
I have a 33lb RF limit BV, a 33lb RF limit Radian. I *do* have a 35lb RF Safety 1st uptown, but Mickey hates that seat and I don't much like it either. He acts like it's squishing him and the impossible to reach adjuster and crappy angle of the install kill it for me.
So, in the heat of the moment I ordered a ARB TF. It's due to ship early April, but I can cancel it now if I want. I don't really want to sqeeze this money from the budget, but I can if I have to. That's the only major reason why I want to cancel the order. The reason to keep it is that those extra 2lb of RF time could buy him a year. . .and the anti-rebound foot calls to me.

So, to keep the order or cancel the order?

ADS

emandbri

I would keep the order. I'm betting it will take him a while to get to 35 lbs so you will get a lot of use out of it. Also the true fit will fit him better as he gets bigger, since he is a big kid he might feel squished in the blvd.

Also what is the DOM on your radian? There are a handful that have a 33 lbs weight on the seat but 35 in the manual and sunshine kids has said it is okay to use those seats to 35 lbs and will even send new stickers out to put on the seat.

Kat_Momof3

the top slots are a good bit taller than the BV... it would probably get him to booster age, much like the Radian, and also sit lower, like the Radian.

I'd go ahead and get it, but then sell the BV to get back some of the funds you spent.

BW1426

You could always just have another baby to put in the seat.

:p

Why not keep the TF and sell the Boulevard?

Synchro246

I would keep the order. I'm betting it will take him a while to get to 35 lbs so you will get a lot of use out of it. Also the true fit will fit him better as he gets bigger, since he is a big kid he might feel squished in the blvd.

Also what is the DOM on your radian? There are a handful that have a 33 lbs weight on the seat but 35 in the manual and sunshine kids has said it is okay to use those seats to 35 lbs and will even send new stickers out to put on the seat.
I don't know the exact DOM:eek:, the sticker got baked off in the sun:(. It's an older one though, ordered in April of 2007.

the top slots are a good bit taller than the BV... it would probably get him to booster age, much like the Radian, and also sit lower, like the Radian.

I'd go ahead and get it, but then sell the BV to get back some of the funds you spent.
I was thinking about the harness height. I have two Regents and a Husky though :eek:
You could always just have another baby to put in the seat.

:p

Why not keep the TF and sell the Boulevard?

Now this is naughty. Naughty and tempting :p

The thing I like about the BV for forword facing is the rip tether and the wings.

I'm pathetic.

mish

Unless you just really want the seat, I wouldn't get it for the two extra pounds. I know I am different from a lot of people on here, but I think RF to 33 pounds if perfectly fine.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Unless you just really want the seat, I wouldn't get it for the two extra pounds. I know I am different from a lot of people on here, but I think RF to 33 pounds if perfectly fine.

Ahh, to have littler kids;) With a 40 pound 5 year old, I bet you got to at least 3 rf, correct? My dd hit 33 pounds clothed at 25 months, and has outgrown a dc at 3. that extra 2 pounds might have bought her 6 more months. Just saying...

ANd I am trying to decide between a signo, a new bv, or the truefit arb for my baby, who is close to outgrowing his keyfit by height already.

Synchro246

Yeah, Mickey's not even two yet. I do think age is much more important than weight. If anything a 33lb 2 year old is going to be at more risk FF than a 23lb 2 year old, KWIM?

I'd love to make it to 3 RF if at all possible. Do you think that he might only gain 1.5lb in the next year?

Jennifer mom to my 7

What's interesting is that the dd in question was only 22 pounds at 1. Let's see, she was 28 pounds at 18 months, then 32 at the pedi at 25 months without shoes. I think it was about 20-22 months that I was weighing her a couple of times a week, and worried I wouldn't even make it to 2! At 3 she was 40 pounds and 40.75 inches, and is now over 42 pounds and over 41 inches. And I do want to think that she was weighing 31.5 at around 22 months. Oh, and she is also alot of torso;) Maybe he will slow on weight for you. I do at least have 1 littler one. My 2 year old is only 27 pounds or so, and 35.5-36 inches. ANother reason I can't decide on what seat, since I also have him rf in a boulevard (33 lb limit) I might want to try something different....or just stay with what I know and love.

mish

At that young of an age, I would probably get the true fit. I wansn't paying attention and didn't realize he was that small.

And unfortunately, I turned my kids around way to young because I didn't know any better. I could have rear face past 4 years old though.

Synchro246

What's interesting is that the dd in question was only 22 pounds at 1. Let's see, she was 28 pounds at 18 months, then 32 at the pedi at 25 months without shoes. I think it was about 20-22 months that I was weighing her a couple of times a week, and worried I wouldn't even make it to 2! At 3 she was 40 pounds and 40.75 inches, and is now over 42 pounds and over 41 inches. And I do want to think that she was weighing 31.5 at around 22 months. Oh, and she is also alot of torso;) Maybe he will slow on weight for you. I do at least have 1 littler one. My 2 year old is only 27 pounds or so, and 35.5-36 inches. ANother reason I can't decide on what seat, since I also have him rf in a boulevard (33 lb limit) I might want to try something different....or just stay with what I know and love.
Oh my goodness! Talk about 2nd year growth! She grew in the second year like mine did in his first year. My first child was 30lb at a year, 33lb at 23 months, 35lb at 25 months (he was on a very high calorie diet for a while then), and 40 lb at 3. Now at 4 he's only 41.5 lb.

At that young of an age, I would probably get the true fit. I wansn't paying attention and didn't realize he was that small.

And unfortunately, I turned my kids around way to young because I didn't know any better. I could have rear face past 4 years old though.
Thanks :) Wow, past four! I turned my first around at 11 months (oops!) because I didn't know better.

Splash

You should absolutely keep it. Once he outgrows it RF, you'll swap it to me for something else, probably a GN, or, you know, cash.

Yeah, get it. You neeeed it.

(In reality, I wouldn't, but this is c-s.o, it it not reality).

In super duper high stakes reality, I'd use the BV to 35 pounds.:duck:

Synchro246

You should absolutely keep it. Once he outgrows it RF, you'll swap it to me for something else, probably a GN, or, you know, cash.

Yeah, get it. You neeeed it.

(In reality, I wouldn't, but this is c-s.o, it it not reality).

In super duper high stakes reality, I'd use the BV to 35 pounds.:duck:

I knew I could rely on you to reflect *exactly* what I'm thinking. I'm so very tempted to use the Radian to 35lb RF, but I know it's naughty and maybe risky so I won't. I wish I liked the Uptown more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC