Emailed Evenflo about knob damage and bruising

Mommy0608

Well, I did it! Yesterday afternoon I emailed Evenflo about the damage to my vehicle seat from the knob as well as the constant bruise on DD's back. I haven't heard back yet, but hopefully they'll reply soon. Anyone else email them? How long did it take to get a response? I attached a picture of the vehicle seat damage to the message. I'm curious to find out what they say. I'll be sure to post an update when I hear back from them! :thumbsup:

ADS

Maggie

Somewhere on the site it said within 48 hrs. Mine was almost 48 on the dot. I got an email from Stacey Blaine, it said she'd contact me via phone. Which she did within the next 24 hrs. They were VERY helpful.

Mommy0608

That's good to hear! I forgot that it said 48 hours... now that I think about it, I do recall seeing that. Hopefully I'll have a good experience like you did. :thumbsup:

Brycen'sMommy

I emailed Evenflo yesterday too about our EFTA. We bought it a few months ago and the red tabs irritated my DD's neck and the harness adjustment knobs were completely inaccessible RF in our car. I wanted to return it but my DH threw away the box. So it has just been sitting in my house while I decided what to do with it. I'm disappointed because I really liked the seat but it just needs a few minor adjustments to make it better.

NannyMom

I emailed Evenflo yesterday too about our EFTA. We bought it a few months ago and the red tabs irritated my DD's neck and the harness adjustment knobs were completely inaccessible RF in our car. I wanted to return it but my DH threw away the box. So it has just been sitting in my house while I decided what to do with it. I'm disappointed because I really liked the seat but it just needs a few minor adjustments to make it better.

Where did you buy it? I know BRU doesn't require a box for returns (at least the one here).

Kat_Momof3

the poster whose child got an actual welt got a refund... all she had to send was a piece of the straps.

not sure if you two will get that same great service, but I'd be pushing for it if I were you guys, since these are very real and valid concerns you have

Maggie

I was able to get a full refund (not including tax) I had to cut the straps off and mail them in so they knew I wasn't getting a refund and still using (or selling) the seat. Yes, if it is a problem let them know! That's the only way they'll know that it's a concern and problem.

If they could do something to remedy the problem I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Mommy0608

I'm glad the service was so good! I hesitated to contact them because I'm not usually one to complain about a product, but since it's leaving a bruise on my DD (it's always a light purplish color, and when she's wearing very thin clothes it also has a big red welt over it) and damaging my vehicle seat, I figured it was worth alerting them.

Hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow, and I'll post an update. :thumbsup:

Brycen'sMommy

the poster whose child got an actual welt got a refund... all she had to send was a piece of the straps.

not sure if you two will get that same great service, but I'd be pushing for it if I were you guys, since these are very real and valid concerns you have

Actually, I didn't email them expecting compensation. I just wanted them to be aware of the problems I had, which I know are common, so that they could correct them.

Kat_Momof3

Oh, I know that... I'm saying that based on the history... this not being a thing with only one child and them having a history of compensating.... I'd change my expectations and try for a refund.

stephie1012

let us know if they get back to you...i got the envelope to mail the straps back to them the other day im going to put it in the mail tomorrow. Everyone was really nice there. My friend on another board her DS (hes 3.5 RFing) also gets a bruise on his back, shes going to call them as well. I called them and had everything taken care of in less then 15minutes.
The knob damaged your cars seat? thats crazy!

Mommy0608

It's nearing the 48 hour mark, and no response yet. :(

I don't know what I had in mind as far as a solution. I just really want them to consider these issues; hopefully with enough people bringing it to their attention, they'll consider redesigning the seat. Overall I think it's a great seat for the price, so I'm bummed that it has these problems that could potentially effect a large number of their customers.

I'll start a new thread when I get a response. I keep refreshing my inbox hoping for a response. :p

solmama

The red tabs on the EFTA irritated my ds, as well. I contacted Evenflo and they refunded my money. I had to cut off the straps of the seat, but since we weren't using it anyway, not a bad deal. And the Learning Curve 50% off coupon code was out that week, so I got a TF for half off!

Maggie

I just checked my email and I was wrong, it was a bit longer than 48 hrs. I sent the email Friday afternoon and got a response Wednesday afternoon. So not including the weekend it was 3 days, not 2.

Also, the email sender didn't say Evenflo. It said Cole, Jessica.

jewlsvern

I've always just called and they are always very accomodating on the phone. I would want to wait 2-3 days for an email. So I always just call.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC