The photos some of you have asked for... Group shots

ADS

Michi

Wow - I think that's the most brown vinyl I've ever seen in one place at at time!:p

Thanks for sharing - that's an awesome collection! :)

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
WOW! I think (pretty sure) the black vinyl with the metal clip on the shield is just like the one my Mom had when I was born (30+ years ago). That's amazing! And, it's amazing we all survived after riding in those things! Sometimes I wonder why we didn't get hurt but now we have to be so careful in the car to protect our little ones. What's changed???

Jennifer mom to my 7

Oh, is that a circa 1990 evenflo joyride? I had one of them! And I would know that ultara pattern anywhere! I bet others used it though...circa 1996 or so?

monstah

So neat, thanks for sharing!

I have a question about the brown vinyl seat....... :p Let me be more specific, LOL.
Third picture, bottom left hand corner. It looks like it doesn't have a harness. Where would the seatbelt be routed in that one?

classicseats

I have a question about the brown vinyl seat....... :p Let me be more specific, LOL.
Third picture, bottom left hand corner. It looks like it doesn't have a harness. Where would the seatbelt be routed in that one?

Do you mean the really old basic seat with the tubular arm rest? If so, it had a basic shuolder strap that raps around the child?

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Next time Antiques Roadshow is in your area you should take your collection in. I bet they've never seen anything like that before. LOL! Thanks for sharing. I think it's totally cool.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Is the same one in the 2nd pic in the bottom left? If so, that's the one I think looks like an electric chair! :eek:

Murphy's Law

Very cool! Those are all so amazing to see. But as my dh would say - better at your house than mine!

Thanks so much for sharing!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
There are some out there that I want to add but can never find. And it's getting harder year by year.

You should let us know what you're looking for. You might be (sadly) surprised what turns up at seat checks sometimes.

and a small group.. some old and new together.

Wow, look how shallow that GM seat is! (The white plastic shell seat.) Hard to imagine that being comfortable for anyone.

Is the same one in the 2nd pic in the bottom left? If so, that's the one I think looks like an electric chair!

LOL, I'm pretty sure that's the seat my twin sisters had. They were born in 1971.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC