Convertable that fits young infant well, please?

arly1983

I am looking at the Combi Coccoro, Maxi Cosi Priori, and True Fit ARB.

Specific questions:

-Is the padding in the Coccoro or True Fit a pain when loading or unloading? Anyone have first hand experience?

-Is the Maxi Cosi Priori comfortable without padding?

Longevity is not a concern. I just want something that fits awesome now.

Needed for a 6.5 week old that weights 11 lbs 8 oz as of yesterday.

ADS

flutie128

I found the padding hard to use on the true fit with my daughter but she was 18 pounds when I started using the seat. She was about even with the 2nd slot when I started using the seat as well. The infant pad only needs to be used until the shoulders are even with the lowest slot without the padding if that helps. I love my true fit and really want to get another. Now all I need to do is convince DH.

MissAllyLou

I'm in love with the Priori... I've never seen the Cocorro IRL, but the Priori is very comfy, almost feels like memory foam, and I find it very easy to install. It also has super-low bottom slots, and I think it fits newborns very well, from what I've seen.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm bringing my next home in a TF with ARB! I :love: that seat (especially the Cranberry! But they may come out with an even better cover by then) and the TF has crazy low slots for newborns. Almost as low as the EFTA.

Kat_Momof3

I'm in love with the cocorro... that padding makes the bottom slots fit well and i love the pics of it installed and with a baby in it in the thread about it.

but if you want a seat that will last a long time, then I'd probaby go with the truefit.

skylinphoto

If you want a seat to last..get a truefit.

If you want something for now..i'd look at the maxi cosi priori or combi coccoro.

Kat_Momof3

I like that price... still not a cheap seat, but when it falls between the price of the Avenue (80 bucks) and the Roundabout (over 200), for a seat that is narrow, compact, and actually lasts a good long time (at least as long as the Roundabout), and yet also fits newborns well, it's great.

If they really do come out with a stroller that will take it, those here that are good at installing/uninstalling seats and city folk (NYC, places with lots of cabs/subways, etc) will really like the option.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
6 wks 9.5# Coccoro. 2nd slots w/ padding, bottom w/ no padding.

IMG_5023.jpg

Kearney09086.jpg

Kat_Momof3

is this Olivia's new ride??

oh... love how she's crying in the shot without the padding, but perfectly content WITH it.

skipspin

So, Jennifer, do you think the Corroco will fit my under 7# shrimp? The straps on the Connection almost don't go tight enough and he puts his arms out of the harness if I don't tuck a blanket around him after he's buckled.

Kat_Momof3

totally not completely on topic here, but I know the Centre/Shuttle infant seats go a lot tighter than the connection... so whether the coccoro does or not, I bet one of them would work better for you if you wanted one (check swap??)

or maybe it is time to check swap for a snugride/ss1/keyfit??

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
No, Olivia was just modeling. The Combi rep took a pic of her even, maybe she'll be their new spokes baby? lol

I think it would fit a very small baby nicely, especially w/ the padding. I have a better pic of where she is at w/ the slots w/out the padding I can post tomorrow. They're in the process of getting it rated to start at 3# vs the 5# it starts at now.

Kat_Momof3

ooh... love that idea!! (her being the model, not JUST the 3lb minimum)

I think the 3lb minimum would up the necessity for a stroller that could take the seat (for winter preemies/newborns), but man, either way, just makes this seat that much better (either way, because I'm sure we could find a way to UNOFFICIALLY put it in a stroller and have it work)

I realized after I asked that question that... DUH... you have a big infant seat (ss1) for her and that... BIGGER DUH... she'd inherit the Avenue before you'd buy another 40lb limit convertible (unless you won the lottery, then I think all bets would be off)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
She'll actually probably inherit the BV, assuming I either 1) find the crotch buckle, lol or 2) break down and finally order one. Shipping is so much though from Britax though! :) I have a nice new Shannon cover on it and can't use it b/c I lost the crotch buckle last time I took it all apart, oops. Here's the other pic that's a better one of the shoulder slots.

Kearney09087.jpg

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I have a question about the Coccoro. The one thing I hated on Z's Connection was that huge thick pad under the crotch strap that can't be removed. Hated that thing, so huge, in the way, and didn't even seem comfortable. I see a similar pad in the pic of the Coccoro. Is it removable?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC