New Bus/carseat dilemma

Michi

Okay, We got the carseat on the bus situation all straightened out, but now it's starting to get colder here in WI. ( I totally didn't think about this!)
The kids still go outside for recess, and they have to line up/wait outside for the bus for a few minutes when the bus picks them up before lunch. So my DD needs a heavier coat/hat/mittens..the whole works...How do I handle THAT?
Here at home she just wears a fleece jacket in the car, but she will need something heavier for school
(and the school will not allow anything to hang on the hooks in the hallways overnight.)
I may just end up driving her after all!

ADS

mamato2

Could she perhaps wear two layers? A thinner fleece under with another coat on top and then have them take the coat off her once on the bus? It shouldn't be a big deal although I'm sure they'll try to tell you it takes too long but maybe your dd could even learn to whip that 'overcoat' off while the others are being strapped in and then hold it on her lap on the bus?
School buses are in my opinion either WAY to hot or unheated and so she may end up more comfortable in the end with just that lighter fleece.
Last year I found a winter coat for my older dd that came in two layers. You could zip them together for when it is really cold or wear the two layers individually. Maybe you could find something like that?
Good Luck, It's hard to convince some folks this is important. I haven't even managed with my own dh!!
C.

LEAW

Talk to the teacher, there is no reason they can't keep a warmer coat IN the classroom for her, and since they have to walk her out to the bus anyway, they can take it from her when she hops on, you can have her wear the thinner fleece to/from school.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I agree with lisa, they have to do something be insure her saftey... i remove dd's coat every day when rode the bus last year before getting in the harness seats on the bus..

Morganthe

I found with my daughter using ponchos were a great option for really cold to just chilly weather. They come in all sorts of linings and fabrics now to keep kids warm. No sleeves to pack into a carseat. :) Just make sure the back of it is up around the neck area whilst placing in car seat, then pull everything in place after the straps have been fastened. Voila, instant blankie ;) There's a lot of options on what the child can wear in layers underneath.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC