How much time out of a maxi cosi priori?

skylinphoto

Dh really really likes the maxi cosi priori. I told him about how hard it is to adjust the straps..and I told him we'll probably need another convertible after it because it's not going to last a long time rfing. He doesn't care. He just says I can have fun picking out another seat after the priori. lol.

Here are some pics of my dd in some different seats..
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=77708

They didn't have the priori at that target for some reason so I couldn't try her out in it.

How long do you think we'll have rfing in a priori for her? She's 12 months old 16 lbs 29 in tall with a 10.5-11 in torso.

I'm hoping to talk him out of this..lol...
I want another recaro. hehe. or a true fit..

ADS

Splash

It's a fabulous fabulous seat. The belts aren't that hard. I once rethreaded it in the Target parking lot with a kid asleep in the seat.
It's probably my fav seat I've ever owned, but I gave it away because my kid was freaking in it (my kid freaks a lot, it's NOT the seat, dno't worry). It's last quite a long time RF, and FF as well. My oldest son still fits, but he's outgrown every other 40 pound seat (except the Avenue). He barely fits in a BV, and has about the same room in the MCP.

Don't talk him out of it! It's a fabulous seat.

christineka

I just saw it on Saturday. The top slots are the same as the scenera's, so you can judge lasting time with your scenera picture. One thing I was surprised to learn about the priori is that the cover is scratchy and NOT soft. I can't imagine putting my baby on such a scratchy, uncomfortable (IMO) cover.

Splash

I just saw it on Saturday. The top slots are the same as the scenera's, so you can judge lasting time with your scenera picture. One thing I was surprised to learn about the priori is that the cover is scratchy and NOT soft. I can't imagine putting my baby on such a scratchy, uncomfortable (IMO) cover.

I found it very soft, and the straps are MUCH higher than a Scenera. My oldest outgrew a Scenera by height over a year ago, actually two years ago, and still fits easily in the MCP.

You think she could get to 2.5 to 3 years old while rfing in the priori?
:)

Depends on how tall the kid is. Way more than any other 40 pound seat (except the Avenue), but not as much as a MA or TF. 2 years, pretty easy... 3 years, probably not.

christineka

There must be different cover options. The one on display in the store (blue) was rough and scratchy.

Why not get a true fit instead? It costs less and will last much longer.

skylinphoto

Okay cool. I may actually let him get the priori.
It's not often my husband joins in and wants to pick out the carseats anyway! lol.

And then I'll get to pick the next one she gets after that.

You can't tell we're a carseat addicted family or anything.... haha.

He likes the night owl (dark blue/plum on sides and bright blue strap pads) and the gipsy (the famous orange one lol).

AtTheSouthDam

Okay cool. I may actually let him get the priori.
It's not often my husband joins in and wants to pick out the carseats anyway! lol.

And then I'll get to pick the next one she gets after that.

You can't tell we're a carseat addicted family or anything.... haha.

He likes the night owl (dark blue/plum on sides and bright blue strap pads) and the gipsy (the famous orange one lol).

If you get PLEASE post pics :D I would love to see an actual child in that seat, or at least those colors. I love how they look but I am sure we would not get much use out of them for dd2.

Momof4Girls

Lemme dig through and find some pics. I traded with a friend for her MA (she had a newbie, and I had a kid whose head was getting awfully close to outgrowing it RF), so I don't have any current pics of mine, and it's a different cover.

I'll add a few pics here, one of a NB, and one of my 4 y/o (then just over 4) who was too tall to RF in it (obviously) and just fit FF under the top slots. However, she is long-torsoed.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

This last pic is 3 RF seats across my bench in my van...2 Britax "big seats" (MA and BLVD), and the MCP. I can find others, later, these are just the only ones I have uploaded currently.

I will also have it back next week, and I can take more pics then (with my kids of varying sizes, LOL).

daniele_ut

Oh Splash, any feedback on the weight of the Maxi Cosi compared to the RA? I need a travel seat and have been waffling between the RA (I had one and loved it) and the Coccoro. I'm wondering if I should look at the Maxi Cosi as well.

Does it have the easy kind of LATCH connectors?

Splash

Has the same connectors (why oh why did I give away that seat? I lusted after it for years, finally got it, and used it less than a month. Waah!!), about the same weight as the RA but very awkward to carry, I would not travel with it by plane. Because of the independent recline feature, it's on a track more than a base, and the track is pretty big. The seat itself is also much bigger but sits lower. So height wise, they're about the same height but at least 2, probably closer to 3, more inches in the harness.

Fot little bits, it's fab. Sam used it from birth and needed the second set of slots. The first set (there are five) was WAY below him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC