Dodge Ram 3500

Momof4Girls

My FIL has a 3500 Ram with the largest cab you can get on it. Seriously, we might be able to put 3 Regents across the back of it.

It has 2 3-seat benches in it, and I have not been in it in a *long* time, and cannot remember if the center seat is a lap/shoulder belt, or just a lap belt. It is a new truck (2-3 years old), and I just plain can't remember details. My girls typically do not ride in the truck.

However, my dh has cousins that have flown over from France to spend some time here in the States visiting family, and they are staying with my ILs. My ILs are willing to take 2 of my girls for sleepovers at various points in the week, and the debate is over which seats and where.

ILs have 2 PWs that my older 2 ride in with them. I will *not* allow them to ride in the front of the truck (my first inclination would be to put one up front, one in back, to make it more comfy for adults sitting next to them). However, if 2 adults are in the front, that makes the airbags impossible to turn off....so, no go.

However, if I put the 2 of them in the back, is the center seat a l/s, or a lap-belt only? I can only guess that they would want to put one booster outboard, the next one center, and adult outboard.

I think that we'll be sending the middle 2 (if the seats work out for it), which would be one booster rider and one RF 3y/o. If we send those 2, we can put the RF seat center, and no big deal, no worries over a lap-belt only installation.

Has anyone, as an adult, ridden in the front center seat? I can suspect that they will want to put one of the kids there (again, no way, no how).

Thoughts?

ADS

mburks26

My dh boss has 2 Dodge ram 3500 work trucks fairly new cant remember the yrs but they have lap shoulder belts in all 3 spots with adustable head reast in out board for sure cant rember about middle. There are also tether anchors all 3 spots bottom anchors 2 out board. the middle seat is alot shorter then the other 2. I could not get my Graco Cargo to install in middle with out hanging off nor a GN.
My SIL also had a Dodge at least a 2003 model regular 1500 4 door it also had lap shoulder belts in the middle.

Im pretty sure that if its pretty new the Dodge should have lap shoulder belts in all 3 spots.

The work trucks that dh boss has though do not have a middle seat in front nither does my uncles 4 door dodge 1500 I think nor my SIL had a middle seat.

sirrahn

ILs have 2 PWs that my older 2 ride in with them. I will *not* allow them to ride in the front of the truck (my first inclination would be to put one up front, one in back, to make it more comfy for adults sitting next to them). However, if 2 adults are in the front, that makes the airbags impossible to turn off....so, no go.

However, if I put the 2 of them in the back, is the center seat a l/s, or a lap-belt only? I can only guess that they would want to put one booster outboard, the next one center, and adult outboard.

It should have a lap shoulder belt in the middle rear, but probably no headrest so you would want a seat there and adults outboard.

Because it has a full backseat there probably isn't an airbag shut-off switch anyway (at least my dad's Ram 1500 Quad cab doesn't have one).

If it's really new it might be possible that the front center seat has a shoulder belt. I know I saw recnetly that big Toyota trucks are now putting an integrated shoulder belt there for the console seat, but I have no idea if Dodge has followed suit. Otherwise, it's not a great spot for anyone....lapbelt only really close to the airbags:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC