Come on Sears!

ADS

NannyMom

I think that's been there for awhile. I remember it being posted before :) But the SR32 base can be used for the SS1 carrier, so they were right on that.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I thought the SS1 could be used with the SR32 base, but the SR32 could not be used with the SS1 base? :confused:

Part of this is Graco's fault. For quite a while their reps were giving out conflicting info on this. I'm still not sure which it is. I think the SR32 base says on the box, though.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Judi said the Cosco Designer 22?

No. It's a Sure Fit base. It's made by cosco/dorel and so far I've only seen it marketed under Eddie Bauer in Canada. It has a 4-22lb weight limit and has a built in lock-off on the base. It's significantly different from the designer 22 seats. I wouldn't personally use a designer 22 seat, but I would seriously consider a Sure Fit. :thumbsup:

eta: The box for the SR32 base says right on it that it is compatible with both the SS1 and the SR32. I believe that you canNOT use a SS1 base with a SR32 seat though.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No. It's a Sure Fit base. It's made by cosco/dorel and so far I've only seen it marketed under Eddie Bauer in Canada. It has a 4-22lb weight limit and has a built in lock-off on the base. It's significantly different from the designer 22 seats. I wouldn't personally use a designer 22 seat, but I would seriously consider a Sure Fit. :thumbsup:

eta: The box for the SR32 base says right on it that it is compatible with both the SS1 and the SR32. I believe that you canNOT use a SS1 base with a SR32 seat though.

Ah, I missed the lock off. They look so much the same.

I have called Graco twice now. I was told that the SS1 seat could be used only with the SS1. The SR32 can use either base. I was surprized and asked a couple times. Also called back a few weeks later, got somone else and they said the same.

I have a SR32 base on the way to my work. I guess I will have to read the box.

ETA: Looked at the Cosco base again. Yep, that is a sure fit.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have called Graco twice now. I was told that the SS1 seat could be used only with the SS1. The SR32 can use either base. I was surprized and asked a couple times. Also called back a few weeks later, got somone else and they said the same.

I have a SR32 base on the way to my work. I guess I will have to read the box.

Yeah, I'm curious what the box you get says because I know ours most definitely say it's for use with the SS1 or the SR32. I checked specifically when I brought out a display model... Which makes sense, because they won't continue making the SS1 base and people who own a SS1 may still want an extra base at some point - especially if they bought the seat right before the change over. OTOH, the SR32 is rated to 2lbs more than the SS1 so I could see them not wanting it being used on the SS1 base..

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, see, I think the same as you. I can no longer get SS1 bases, but I still need them. I should get 2 hopefully at the end of the week. I sure hope they are interchangeable!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC