anybody seen this? Pics of Roundabout 50

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Sarah Tilton has written that the previews are not necessarily what will be coming out, although if it's actually available for pre-order, it may be reliable.

firemomof3

Ohh, that could be nice :) It also looks like the sides are deeper? I really wonder what the top harness height will be!!

Maedze

That leaked flyer said it had 17" top harness height. I thought the consensus was they took the FPSVD mold and renamed it the Roundabout50?

Bit of a misnomer because what made the Roundabout so great was that buttery smooth adjuster...and teh FPSVD has the ratchet adjuster :(

Maedze

OOO this listing shows built in lock-offs and the nice LATCH clips, which the original flyer said weren't there :)

southpawboston

That leaked flyer said it had 17" top harness height. I thought the consensus was they took the FPSVD mold and renamed it the Roundabout50?

Bit of a misnomer because what made the Roundabout so great was that buttery smooth adjuster...and teh FPSVD has the ratchet adjuster :(

i think you meant they both have a pull-strap adjuster, but that the roundabout's is a smoother one, right? ;)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So...it's basically a marathon only approved to 50 lbs(no hugs), and since most kids outgrow the Ma by height by 50 lbs anyway, it makes one wonder why one earth the Ma still needs to exist? What exactly would you be paying the extra $80 for???

Simplysomething

I thought the FPSVD was basically a DC/MA/BLVD shell? Did those get bigger too?

And it makes you wonder why, if they did, the RA50 loses 5 lbs on the FPSVD (which is rated to 55 lbs)...

Maedze

So...it's basically a marathon only approved to 50 lbs(no hugs), and since most kids outgrow the Ma by height by 50 lbs anyway, it makes one wonder why one earth the Ma still needs to exist? What exactly would you be paying the extra $80 for???

LATCH bars! :whistle: :ROTFLMAO:

Maedze

I thought the FPSVD was basically a DC/MA/BLVD shell? Did those get bigger too?

And it makes you wonder why, if they did, the RA50 loses 5 lbs on the FPSVD (which is rated to 55 lbs)...

Nope...same size. They probably didn't bump it up to 55 because they want it to be 'different' from the Marathon.

This is their answer to the failed DC, I guess.

Oh lordy Britax....you have the potential for so much good in the world, sometimes your decisions just leave me going :scratcheshead:

Maedze

Seriously, I do not understand why this is so complicated...for ANY CRS company!

All you need is one of each:

Infant seat
Convertible
Combination
Booster

(and maybe a really nice backless if you're feeling frisky)

Britax doesn't want to produce an ERF seat because of the cost involved. What is the cost of producing FOUR convertibles? When you could make one really NICE one, with a jazillion adorable covers?

Maedze

Graco's sort of on the right track

Snugride32
BLANK
Nautilus
Turbobooster

If they'd convert the CozyCline to a 35/50 convertible, they'd be THE MAN! (and get rid of the standard snugride and crappysport, to save on cash and confusion)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
(and get rid of the standard snugride and crappysport, to save on cash and confusion)

I agree about the ComfortSport, but if I were to find myself in need of an infant seat, I don't want to pay for or carry around a 30+ pound seat. I'd prefer the smaller and cheaper standard SnugRide if I needed an infant seat (I would actually prefer to start out in a convertible, but if baby was itty-bitty I'd get an infant seat.)

Maedze

Well, in my perfect world, THE seat would look somewhat like the True-Fit...

It would work as an infant seat for the first 22 lbs roughly, and have a carry handle that allowed it to be plugged into a base. After 22 lbs it would convert into an ERF seat to 55 lbs, with no forward facing option.

How bout DAT?!?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC