For fun... Comparison pics.

urchin_grey

Someone on another thread wanted to know about how tall one had to be to outgrow the TF (sans headrest) by height. So I took some pics... And then took some more of DS in other seats just for fun. :whistle: The TF is still my fav by far, just because of how much RF'ing time he's going to get out of it. I can't wait to get ours next month! I REALLY do like the GN too though (particularly the Reese cover). Too bad there's not a convertible version! :eek:

For reference, DS is 22.5 pounds, 32.5in, with a 12in torso.

TF - I was thinking he was about even with the top of the shell without the headrest, but I guess I remembered wrong! He's actually at least a couple inches above it. So at only 22.5lbs, I'm guessing he would have outgrown it by height way before weight. (Which makes sense, because he outgrew the SR by height like a year and a half before he outgrew it by weight.)

DSCN5224.jpg

DSCN5225.jpg

MA - Wouldn't have much RF'ing time left by height. Sorry for the cruddy pic, the harness was on the bottom slot so I had to just hold him in there. :p

DSCN5226.jpg

EFTA - I love the harness on this one, but again, he wouldn't have much RF'ing time left.

DSCN5227.jpg

DSCN5228.jpg

GN - Not ready for this one yet obviously, but I love it. :love:

DSCN5230.jpg

DSCN5232.jpg

Scenera - His actual seat, installed. Damn the cover, it keep slipping off. :mad:

DSCN5235.jpg

ADS

Freedom_Pixie

Wow, your son has a lot of room in the TF. I have some comparison pics too: one is my DS in a Scenera, and the other a TF.
He was on the last slots for the Scenera/ barely any room too:
002.jpg

In the TF: Before it was installed-he has a bunch more room:
Konner019.jpg

He has two more slots to go: He has a lot of room in the TF:
Konner031.jpg

Sorry if I stoll this post, but I thought I will share the comparison pictures I have too.

urchin_grey

No, feel free to share! I love car seat pics. :p
Oh, and FWIW, DS has 3 more slots to go on the TF. :eek: It might be a little tighter once it was installed, but the third from top slots would be too high for sure. I was surprised when I realized that though. He has one more to go in the Scenera and I think he would have 2 more to go in the MA.

urchin_grey

Nevermind, scratch that! I was just looking at the pic again and he IS on the third from the top slot (just even actually). So he would have two more to go too. The way he grows though, that will be years either way. :p

Freedom_Pixie

Wow, three slots to go on the TF. My DS has pretty much all torso, that is why he has two slots left on the TF. The Scenera is goo, but is outgrown way to early, IMO.

nevaehsmommy

Urchin you can still use the TF RF even if the head is above the head rest but below the top of the shell by one inch....or that is my understaning....techs?

romanoma

OMG Carly, your DS is so tiny for almost 4! He will probably still fit in the TF in 8th grade! From a car seat standpoint, tiny kids are great since they will fit so long!!

What cutie-pies!

urchin_grey

Urchin you can still use the TF RF even if the head is above the head rest but below the top of the shell by one inch....or that is my understaning....techs?

Oh yes, I know! That's why I picked the TF for his next seat. He's so tiny and also has low tone, so I want to keep him RF'ing for as long as possible. Someone on another thread was just curious as to when they'd outgrow it without the headrest though, so that's what I was trying to get a pic of. I'm not sure how the SR and TF w/o headrest compare, but he was just even with the top of the seat back in the SR at 2.5. (No, we didn't use it that long, I had checked when we were trying to get him back RF'ing to see if he still fit.) ;)

OMG Carly, your DS is so tiny for almost 4! He will probably still fit in the TF in 8th grade! From a car seat standpoint, tiny kids are great since they will fit so long!!

What cutie-pies!

:ROTFLMAO:

I know, I was showing his dad that second GN pic (with the headrest all the way up) and he was like "wow, that will fit him until he gets his license". :p

Mommy0608

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures! I'm very happy to see the TF vs. EFTA because I'm considering getting a TF (or Radian) to replace my EFTA since DD is getting close to the top. Looks like her torso is about the same as your child's (approximately) so these pics gave me a very good idea of how much room she'll have in the TF. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC