How to tell what is level w/ shoulders

purplemama

For rearfacing, how do you tell what is level with the shoulders? If I stick a ruler in the slots would the ruler lie parallel to the ground or perpendicluar to the child?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No need to get too technical...just look at the shoulders..if they are right near the slots, they are 'at' the slots.

purplemama

I overthink things sometimes. It's just a thought that had been wandering around in my head for a few days and I finally found time to post it.
I have a hard time telling where the slots are on the MA, the cover doesn't line up with the slots at all. I have to stick my hand in there to feel where they are. So I thought I'd stick a ruler in there to see where they are on DS.

romanoma

Great thread, I too have been meaning to post this!!

What about when kids tend to "slouch" in the seat? DD rides in an EFT and there is room at the crotch strap, so she tends to sag. When I put her in she seems even, then when I go to get her out she has sagged down a little and is below the slots. Is it better for them to be 2" below in the next lower slot?

Sorry to hijack OP!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC