Who's seen the Britax Chaperone pictures?

toothfairymama

I was super excited when I found out there actually were pictures but then kind of let down when I saw them. It doesn't look that different than the companion to me. It appears to still have the same stupid chest clip (but I could be wrong). I was really bummed about the stroller. I liked how the Preview was so tiny and frankly this new stroller looks like the Safety 1st Acella I had for my daughter and completely loathed. It looks freaking huge. They should have a picture of it folded up just to see what it looks like.

I wanted to go for all Britax carseats for my next baby but I just don't know about their infant seats :(

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I like the headrest much better and i think it has a newer chest clip. I like it.

babygirlsmom1005

I like the way it looks, I have a companion for baby to be in April, the only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the chest clip on it.....this one looks to have a different chestclip on it. I do like the headrest on the companion though I haven't used it yet because he's not here.

I'll be interested to see one IRL though.....and I saw it goes to 30 lbs instead of 22 lbs.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The chest clip on the Companion was actually the only thing I liked about that seat :rolleyes: It was nice to have something silent and small on a new baby, no clicking or pushing needed to get it done and undone against that new little chest.

Companies have been known to release pictures of seats and then the seats look *completely* different when they come out...at least we can hope that the Chaperone (or whatever it's really going to be called) looks more like the BabySafe than the Companion :)

BW1426

I'm starting to think I'm one of the only people that absolutely loved the companion.

BabyKaykes

I loved the companion, too.

I could be convinced to like the chaparone, as long as they haven't made it too much bigger.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks for the link. There's still hope...maybe those are still just prototype pictures (the Recaro convertibles looked just like the Wizard when they were displayed prior to being made, lol)
:)

marge234

Thanks for the info but DARN--says they'll ship in July. I'm due in June, was hoping to get this Britax bec it's made in USA. Figured it'd be an improvement on the Companion about which many people weren't too excited.

Maedze

The Britax Chaperone stroller was also really exciting looking. Its got the most amazing way for the car seat to click into it. As far as I know its def. the first stroller out there to offer this. Theres no separate adapters that need to be purchased, theres just an easy click. 2 bars protrude out of the stroller allowing the britax chaperone car seat to just click in. When the car seat is clicked it, you got full coverage with both canopys kinda hitting eachother (similar to a bubble effect). The britax chaperone stroller will be available in black, red, tan, pink and most probably a cowmooflage print (Like the famous cowmooflage car seats!) Although those colors are not guaranteed! They may change!

From the blog, on the Chaperone's stroller.

(segue here, i know)

Um, am I confused, or is the ability to click a car seat into a stroller without the purchasing of adapters, pretty much standard on every travel system known to man? What on earth are they going on about?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
From the blog, on the Chaperone's stroller.

(segue here, i know)

Um, am I confused, or is the ability to click a car seat into a stroller without the purchasing of adapters, pretty much standard on every travel system known to man? What on earth are they going on about?

They are aiming at the bugaboo buying crowd (and maxi cosi foray, and probably a few others) who do have to buy adapters, I think :)

marge234

I saw the Companion on sale for less than $100 but then it was out of stock. Most places are still selling it for over $200--seems like a lot for a seat that's being d/c.

babygirlsmom1005

I saw the Companion on sale for less than $100 but then it was out of stock. Most places are still selling it for over $200--seems like a lot for a seat that's being d/c.

I got mine for $159 but the DOM was in late 06 from best buy baby >.< - stupid me for not calling first and finding out before placing the order, I was just thrilled to find the color I wanted onsale.....

Luckly it'll only be used for this baby, since I believe we are done, but still, it would have been a nice heads up, but again, totally my fault for not calling first and getting the DOM.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC