Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Who's seen the Britax Chaperone pictures?

I was super excited when I found out there actually were pictures but then kind of let down when I saw them. It doesn't look that different than the companion to me. It appears to still have the same stupid chest clip (but I could be wrong). I was really bummed about the stroller. I liked how the Preview was so tiny and frankly this new stroller looks like the Safety 1st Acella I had for my daughter and completely loathed. It looks freaking huge. They should have a picture of it folded up just to see what it looks like.

I wanted to go for all Britax carseats for my next baby but I just don't know about their infant seats
    Daughter - 5 years, 43 pounds, 44 inches - Britax Regent and Graco Nautilus in a 2003 Toyota Camry and Graco TurboBooster in a 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Who's seen the Britax Chaperone pictures?

I like the headrest much better and i think it has a newer chest clip. I like it.

I like the way it looks, I have a companion for baby to be in April, the only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the chest clip on it.....this one looks to have a different chestclip on it. I do like the headrest on the companion though I haven't used it yet because he's not here.

I'll be interested to see one IRL though.....and I saw it goes to 30 lbs instead of 22 lbs.

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

The chest clip on the Companion was actually the only thing I liked about that seat It was nice to have something silent and small on a new baby, no clicking or pushing needed to get it done and undone against that new little chest.

Companies have been known to release pictures of seats and then the seats look *completely* different when they come out...at least we can hope that the Chaperone (or whatever it's really going to be called) looks more like the BabySafe than the Companion
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Where did you see the pictures?

I'm starting to think I'm one of the only people that absolutely loved the companion.
    DD1--4/6/2006--Britax Parkway SGL
    DD2--12/9/2012--Britax Advocate and Marathon

I loved the companion, too.

I could be convinced to like the chaparone, as long as they haven't made it too much bigger.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Quote Originally Posted by marge234 View Post
    Where did you see the pictures?
    On a web site. They weren't supposed to put them up, and they took them down.

Ugh Ugh Ugh!!! Why do you guys tease us like this????
    [/SIGPIC]Amy mom to Caleb and Evelynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    On a web site. They weren't supposed to put them up, and they took them down.
    I still see it up and showing maybe a different site that we've seen it at?

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011

Huh, someone said it was taken down. I didn't even go check.

so i googled it and this is what came up...

http://site.pishposhbaby.com/blog/20...gonna-be-like/

DS1- Regent 23kgs
    DS2- Regent 21kgs
    DS3 Graco Safeseat/ Marathon 11kgs

Thanks for the link. There's still hope...maybe those are still just prototype pictures (the Recaro convertibles looked just like the Wizard when they were displayed prior to being made, lol)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

It looks like they photoshopped Companion pictures

ETA: Woot, they have a Cow one
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Thanks for the info but DARN--says they'll ship in July. I'm due in June, was hoping to get this Britax bec it's made in USA. Figured it'd be an improvement on the Companion about which many people weren't too excited.

CPS Advocate

The Britax Chaperone stroller was also really exciting looking. Its got the most amazing way for the car seat to click into it. As far as I know its def. the first stroller out there to offer this. Theres no separate adapters that need to be purchased, theres just an easy click. 2 bars protrude out of the stroller allowing the britax chaperone car seat to just click in. When the car seat is clicked it, you got full coverage with both canopys kinda hitting eachother (similar to a bubble effect). The britax chaperone stroller will be available in black, red, tan, pink and most probably a cowmooflage print (Like the famous cowmooflage car seats!) Although those colors are not guaranteed! They may change!
    From the blog, on the Chaperone's stroller.

(segue here, i know)

Um, am I confused, or is the ability to click a car seat into a stroller without the purchasing of adapters, pretty much standard on every travel system known to man? What on earth are they going on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Maedze View Post
    From the blog, on the Chaperone's stroller.

(segue here, i know)

Um, am I confused, or is the ability to click a car seat into a stroller without the purchasing of adapters, pretty much standard on every travel system known to man? What on earth are they going on about?
    They are aiming at the bugaboo buying crowd (and maxi cosi foray, and probably a few others) who do have to buy adapters, I think
    Julie

CPS Advocate

Oh. Rich People.

I saw the Companion on sale for less than $100 but then it was out of stock. Most places are still selling it for over $200--seems like a lot for a seat that's being d/c.

Quote Originally Posted by marge234 View Post
    I saw the Companion on sale for less than $100 but then it was out of stock. Most places are still selling it for over $200--seems like a lot for a seat that's being d/c.
    I got mine for $159 but the DOM was in late 06 from best buy baby >.< - stupid me for not calling first and finding out before placing the order, I was just thrilled to find the color I wanted onsale.....

Luckly it'll only be used for this baby, since I believe we are done, but still, it would have been a nice heads up, but again, totally my fault for not calling first and getting the DOM.

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011