Britax Replacement Program?

Maggie

Has anyone heard of this or done this with Britax?

My Marathon (DOM 11/15/05) has started squeaking REALLY loudly when the harness adjuster is pulled. I don't feel comfortable using it anymore. I called Britax, they told me that nothing in there was replaceable and that since it was out of warranty they could offer me a replacement seat for $100.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a good deal or not. :p $100 is a deal for a new Marathon, but I feel like I didn't get the whole life out my Marathon. I paid full price for it and it lasted a little over 3 years.

Has anyone done this? Do you get a new cover or do they send you a naked one?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Heh, mine used to squeak loud...it was how I knew DD had tightened up properly :eek:
I dunno, I think it's a pretty good deal, they seem to be really pushing it lately so I wonder if they have an overstock problem?

Evolily

Did you pay about $280 for it?

$280/6 is about $47 per year. You're paying $100 for 3 more years, which is about $33 per year. I would say it's a deal, especially if you expect to use the full lifespan of the seat.

Are you going to be able to keep the seat, or send it back to them? If you can keep the cover you could recoup some of the money selling it.

Maggie

I paid full price, so yeah, about $280.

We have another baby on the way so it would get used for awhile.

I told them I had to talk to DH about it and I'd call back. I'm not sure if I have to send the seat back. That may make or break the deal for me. :p I have a Dragonfly Couture cover in EEEEUC that I don't want to part with. They're hard to find and if I had to buy another one I'd spend more than the replacement seat will cost me.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I guess you could ask them if it's ok to keep using it. I couldn't see that the 'teeth' weren't holding the adjuster strap just fine, so I never even worried about it (I think the squeak is just metal on metal on the side). If you can keep your scrummy cover, I'd get a new seat.

Maggie

When I called I asked her if I could continue using it and she kind of avoided my question. Never really said yes or no, just told me they could offer me a new seat for $100. The teeth are holding it fine, I've tugged firmly on the harness to make sure it stays tight and it does. I guess I'll call back and see what they have to say regarding sending my seat back and if I can keep my cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC