Most likely over-thinking things again

mommaon112903

While I know after a certain age booster vs 5-point is detable on which one is safer we are not *quite* to that age yet. If he reaches 7yrs in the Regent we will move him out of it full-time at that point, but we will be shocked if ihe makes it that long. We recently moved Josef out of the GN (love/hate relationship and was outgrowing it, BAD booster fit) and put him in a Monteray in Daddy's car. We have had the Monteray for a few days now and Josef still has not got to ride in it-that tells you how scarce his riding in Daddy's car is :)

The rides in my car are to school and back at least 3/5 days and while it is only a 10-15 minute drive we do go thru some heavier traffic at higher rates of speed (up to and including 55mph). In Daddy's car he will be riding to soccer practice/games which is only a short drive and at varying speeds (nothing over 45mph which is just about a mile maybe). Literally the soccer field is three miles away from our house.

My car has SIP airbags/curtains, Daddy's does not, Josef rides 75% in my car, some weeks more some weeks a little less. I want what is safest for him, and like I said I am most likely over-thinking things and just need to leave things like they are (option #1).

Option #1
-Regent installed outboard in a 2005 Honda Accord
-SK Monteray in 2004 Chevy Impala, center

Option #2
-Regent installed outboard in 2004 Chevy Impala
-SK Monteray in 2005 Honda Accord, center

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC