What seats do you have that are "irreplaceable"..

emandbri

I almost got into a wreck yesterday on the highway. A guy in front of me pulled over into my lane, apparently didn't see me. :rolleyes: I moved to the next lane which luckily was empty! :eek:

So as I'm driving I was thinking about what I would replace the seats with if we got into a crash and it occurs me I have no idea what I would put Jacob in. He is in a prospect, it is no longer made, and I think he is too wide for anything else.

I was thinking about what seats I have that are no longer made and I wouldn't be able to replace them with the same thing.

I have the prospect, star riser, and parkway.

I also have a right fit but I recently saw them for sale online so I'm not sure that counts. ;)

ADS

LuvBug

My husky is definitely irreplaceable. I have a parkway and a laptop as well... but you can get parkways still and if you want to do the illegal... you can get another laptop :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My Recaro Start shield would be darn near impossible to replace...everything else I have is pretty easy to get (knock on wood...I guess the PW would be tough, but it's not in the car ATM, lol).

TerisBoys

My SR/C. Even though *I* am not using it anymore, it makes the perfect seat for the boys' very petite 8yo step-sister. (She's smaller than Ryan still!) Fits her very nicely, and doesn't enclose her too much - she's very sensory and even the Vivo bothers her with the body-side wings.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
DD's Husky. If something happened to it, I'd probably have to get another Start. Not sure I'd bother with a harnessed seat for her, even the Frontier. I just don't like the Frontier.

She's got a Parkway, too, but it's not as much trouble. I'd just replace it with a TB.

fyrfightermomma

Same as Jools, my start shield. I crashed into my DH's car last week and am very glad my kiddo wasn't in the start. All I could think was "where in the world would I get another one from?" LOL. I'm not concerned about the Start as it wasn't buckled and didn't move an inch.

skylinphoto

Anyone care to share where to get a recaro start w/ sheild? I found one on ebay..but it appears used so I wouldn't get it obviously...

Explain more about this lovely looking thing...

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Bodyguard. :( Which I have to replace ASAP

I'm STILL trying to decide if I want to take a chance on the Oobr, or just get a Start.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Our niche seats . . .

Husky -- it's freedom of various installation methods makes it so nice for keeping kiddo safe on long rides (when we don't need to fit 3 people in the back)

RSTV -- because it's the most versatile safety restraint we own & is the *only* safe enough solution for so many tricky situations

Laptop -- kiddo has outgrown it & it technically expires this summer, but we've handed it down to a friend because her 4 y.o. often rides in old cars with lap only belts & without top tetherability (Britax needs to figure out how to bring this seat back!)

Pingbns

Even thoguh I like my my car seat my one thing that is irreplaceble is my kid as long as the car seat does it's job that part is irrelplacable to me.:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Anyone care to share where to get a recaro start w/ sheild? I found one on ebay..but it appears used so I wouldn't get it obviously...

Explain more about this lovely looking thing...

http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/StartShield209?authkey=Gv1sRgCNb7q9Cg25X3Hw# We have friends who technically illegally imported them from Europe/UK and were no longer using them, so we are lucky enough to have them. In theory there is less stress on the neck in a crash for a younger kiddo (it's only good with the Start, and only from 20-40 pounds). A harnessed seat is still an incredibly safe choice, in fact it's what my dd usually rides in. Fyrefightermomma's kiddo has some sensory issues and feels very much more comfortable being restrained and 'hugged' by the shield, but most kids *hate* it, so it's a good thing harnesses ARE a safe choice :thumbsup:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Other than finding them NIB which is decreasingly likely, or used which can be iffy and hard to find, pre-advisory Regents with Blue Bouquet and Cougar covers, a couple of Parkways, and a FPSVD booster.

Lea_Ontario

Just the Parkway.

Everything else is pretty easy-to-find stuff (2x Radian, 1x Nautilus, 1x True Fit, 1x Regal Ride, 1x Generations, 1x SafeSeat)

skaterbabs

For us it would depend on which car I'm driving. My post-advisory Regent can still be replaced for the time being, but if it were the Jeep replacing Gregory's PW may be an issue except that any crash severe enough to need to replace the PW would likely be enough to total the Jeep. In which case we'd replace the PW with a Monterey or (more likely) Frontier.

Pixels

I don't have anything special. Everything I own has DOMs within the past two years, and are still being made. I just haven't been a carseat junkie long enough.

http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/StartShield209?authkey=Gv1sRgCNb7q9Cg25X3Hw# We have friends who technically illegally imported them from Europe/UK and were no longer using them, so we are lucky enough to have them. In theory there is less stress on the neck in a crash for a younger kiddo (it's only good with the Start, and only from 20-40 pounds). A harnessed seat is still an incredibly safe choice, in fact it's what my dd usually rides in. Fyrefightermomma's kiddo has some sensory issues and feels very much more comfortable being restrained and 'hugged' by the shield, but most kids *hate* it, so it's a good thing harnesses ARE a safe choice :thumbsup:

Very interesting. Interesting belt path; you ignore the usual booster seat belt path of the Start to go over the arm rests to the shield. I'd really like to see some crash tests of that!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It reminds me of the Kiddy seat. I think there are a few others that have it available in Germany, too.

I only have new-ish seats, my oldest is only almost-5 and I mostly have got my seats in the last year or so. But I would be sad if I had to replace my Radians; I like the old-style chest clips better (though I wouldn't mind the new boot.) If my seats were crashed while NOT in use I'd definitely take the chest clips off to use on the replacements!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC