How does this sound? Need booster recommendation. Frontier or Regent ? too!

lovemyfamily

Here are my riders...
DS #1 born 9/13/01 (so 7 1/2), weighs 63 lbs. and is 52". He is a mature 7yo.

DS#2 born 7/4/03 (so 5 1/2), weighs 43 lbs. and is 42". He is a small boy.

DD#1 born 2/23/08 (almost 13 months), weighs just shy of 20 lbs. and is 32"

Currently they are seated in my Yukon XL
DS#1 Regent, outboard drivers side 3rd row, installed via LBP
DS#2 Frontier, outboard passenger side 3rd row, installed via LBP
DD#2 Marathon, RF center seat center row, installed via lap seatbelt, tethered.

Other seats we have...
Britax Parkway
Britax Marathon (expires in 2011)

Typically the kids only ride in my vehicle when we are at home. DH does have a Dodge Ram with a rear seat, but when we go as a family, 90% of the time we take my vehicle. DH would really like to start taking his truck when we go to our vacation home, so we can take our dog, he has a camper shell and we put her in her crate in his truck. Because of her size, and the smell, she is a strictly outdoor dog, 90lbs. and is a Great Pyrenees, we don't take her in my vehicle, the crate would take up all the cargo space. We have also talked a bit about DH taking the boys from time to time to things etc,. and I don't want to be left without a vehicle. So we have been trying to figure out seats for his truck. We also fly 4-5 times a year, to Phoenix to visit family, where we typically use my mom's car, a Chevy Impala, and to CA for vacation etc. So we would really like to have spare seats for all 3 kids.
When we do travel now, we take the Parkway for DS#1 and the Marathon for DS#2 and then we have taken the baby's infant seat, and most recently her Marathon, since she has outgrown her infant seat.

Since DS#1 is going to be 8 before too long, DH and DS#1 asked me about putting him in a booster full time. Explaining to me that he is large, the law says to 8yo etc. I tend to agree that he would be fine, he would sit properly etc., but I want the BEST (money is not an issue when it comes to this) BPB for him. I don't feel the Parkway is the best, at all.

Do you feel the Regent or Frontier is the best seat? I look at the Frontier and I really like the fact that it has the side impact "pillows" where the Regent does not. Being that the backseat of DH's truck is not as wide as mine, I was trying to come up with a more narrow configuration for the kids in DH's truck.

I was thinking of this in my vehicle...
DS#1 in (new) BPB full time in my vehicle. Putting DS#2 in Regent full time in my vehicle. DD#1 stays in her Marathon RF in my vehicle.

In DH's truck...
DS#1 in either BPB (Parkway we already have) or Frontier. DS#2 in Frontier or Marathon (extra one we already have) (I would not get another Frontier so he would have to use the Marathon (extra one we already have) if we decided on the Frontier for DS#1). DD#1 in Recaro Como

Travel seats...
DS#1 BPB (Parkway we already have)
DS#2 Marathon (extra one we already have)
DD#1 Recaro Como

What do you think? If we did this, I would just have to get a new BPB for DS#1 and the Como for DD.

Suggestions? Comments? Thoughts?

Also need to know what is the BEST BPB out there.

TIA!

ADS

mommaon112903

I :love: our Regent, and it will be a sad day when Josef outgrows it! We travel once/twice a year from AL to W.Va and he does sleep a lot during that trip, so I am worried about that first trip in the booster. Hopefully he will do fine though, but like you I want what is BEST for my car as it is the one we will take.

We just moved Josef from a GN (had a love/hate relationship with it) to a SK Monteray in Daddy's car. I almost :love: it as much as I do the Regent!

I keep hearing that Britax is coming out with a new booster, and the techs will get to see/play with the new seats at the end of the month at Life Savers-could you wait until then to see what is out?

Picking out car seats/boosters is a daunting task, isn't it?!

lovemyfamily

I :love: our Regent, and it will be a sad day when Josef outgrows it! We travel once/twice a year from AL to W.Va and he does sleep a lot during that trip, so I am worried about that first trip in the booster. Hopefully he will do fine though, but like you I want what is BEST for my car as it is the one we will take.

We just moved Josef from a GN (had a love/hate relationship with it) to a SK Monteray in Daddy's car. I almost :love: it as much as I do the Regent!

I keep hearing that Britax is coming out with a new booster, and the techs will get to see/play with the new seats at the end of the month at Life Savers-could you wait until then to see what is out?

Picking out car seats/boosters is a daunting task, isn't it?!

Yeah, I could sure wait until the new Britax booster comes out. I won't allow him in a booster full time until he turns 8 anyway, and that is not until Sept. The only thing I will have to get before then, would be the Como for DD. I was trying to decide between it and the Avenue and for the small price difference, I like the Como better.

Thanks for your thoughts and taking the time to reply to my post! :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC