Have Britax always had an expiration date?

glockchick

The guy at BestBuyBaby told dh that they haven't always had an expiration date and that Britax artificially limits the life time of the seats to make you buy more. :mad:

They said they'll take the 2 year old seats back, but we have to pay return shipping to the tune of $70. I should NOT be out $70 because they shipped me a 2 year old seat. :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh, they said they could take $30 off the total if I want to keep them. :rolleyes:

Dh called because I have an ear infection and can't hear, but I guess I'm going to have to call them back and deal with it.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yes, they have. Maybe the guy at BestBuyBaby should call Britax and ask them himself. They're not always listed, I think just the Frontier lists the expiration date, but as far as I know they've had a six year life for at least the last seven years.

Wendy

glockchick

I know. I bought my first Britax in 2001 and it had the 6 years expiration.

It's pissing me off that they told dh that. He's always been of the opinion that expiration dates are only so you have to buy more of their stuff. Same thing with the higher and higher recommendations for having kids in car seats. So of course that validates dh's own warped opinion of car seats.

kaysmom

He's always been of the opinion that expiration dates are only so you have to buy more of their stuff. Same thing with the higher and higher recommendations for having kids in car seats. So of course that validates dh's own warped opinion of car seats.

Ughh, sorry he told DH that! It's always 2 steps forward and one back isnt it!?! Maybe you should have DH call Britax so he can "clarify" it to the BestBuyBaby guy for you...then he could hear it right from them;)

glockchick

I called Britax at 5:01 and they weren't answering. :p

I'm even more ticked a BestBuyBaby now. I called and talk to the guy dh talked to yesterday. He talked to me like I was an idiot and kept telling me the same thing over and over again and that he'd already talked to dh so maybe my dh should explain it to me.

They won't be getting my business again.

Melanie

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, I wonder if you could dispute it with your cc company. If you are expecting a new seat, a 2 year old one isn't what you agreed to.

glockchick

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I don't remember if I used my debit card or my credit card, but I should be able to dispute either. Thanks!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Britax closes at 4:30, and I think even earlier on Fridays. Eastern time, of course. I want to work there. LOL

Wendy

sixmaybemore

The guy at BestBuyBaby told dh that they haven't always had an expiration date and that Britax artificially limits the life time of the seats to make you buy more. :mad:

They said they'll take the 2 year old seats back, but we have to pay return shipping to the tune of $70. I should NOT be out $70 because they shipped me a 2 year old seat. :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh, they said they could take $30 off the total if I want to keep them. :rolleyes:

Dh called because I have an ear infection and can't hear, but I guess I'm going to have to call them back and deal with it.

Wow, I've gotten some crappy DOM's, but two years? That's a pretty high cost per use compared to a new DOM!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC