Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

What should I do with this seat?

Last August the harness on my EFTA was fraying so Evenflo sent me out a brand new seat and they were going to send a call tag to pick up the original seat. Well the call tag never came.

The other thread about the EFTA got me to thinking about this seat I have just sitting in my garage. It is not being used and won't be, but what should I do with it? Should I call Evenflo and ask them if they still want it back or should I just cut the straps and toss the seat?
    Andraya-6 Nathaniel-4 Annalee Grace 18mon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: What should I do with this seat?

Call them before you do anything.

I'd call before you toss it if I were you. With my luck, the day after it leaves on the garbage truck, the call tag would arrive.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy0608 View Post
    I'd call before you toss it if I were you. With my luck, the day after it leaves on the garbage truck, the call tag would arrive.
    7 months later? I think they just forgot. They were so insistent I send them back this seat so they could really see the fraying, but no call tag after 7 months.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

7 months is a long time but it really wouldn't hurt to call Evenflo one more time and they may advise you to dispose of it at this point or issue the belated call tag, and either way you would have a clear conscience.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Recaro did that with me. I had 2 unwanted Comos sitting in my bedroom for months. I finally, at the advice of SPB, sent one final email saying if I didn't have call tags within a week that I was going to sell them. Lo and behold, I had call tags 2 days later.
    DD-11, adult belt/ nbb
    DS-9, Vivo
    DD-2.5 ~24#, 33", RF in RA 55

Could you have some one order replacement harness and then gift it to a mom you know who really has a crapy seat?

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nevaehsmommy View Post
    Could you have some one order replacement harness and then gift it to a mom you know who really has a crapy seat?
    Great idea, but the harness can't be replaced and doesn't even come off unless you cut it off.