OMG have any of you seen this yet?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If it didn't have that weird bar across the top (making an "h" shape) it wouldn't be half bad.

Blondie87

If the neck bar didn't go under the harness then it might not be that bad. I understand why she has it there though so the baby's head tilts back a little to "open" the airway. But most seats make sure that happens anyways. When you watch the video you see that the baby isn't actually sitting on anything. At first it looked horrible because it looked like it boosted the baby to a slot height, but it doesn't. She's a nurse practioner and in the video she says "it doesn't interfere with the straps at all so it doesn't effect the safety features of the seat" I dunno though. Does it?

njkj

If you look at the pic. on the home page one the right it shows the bottom bar behind the crotch strap and sorta under the bum.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
No other than the weird "h" thing under the neck it doesn't interfere with the harness. I think parents would rather use something like this than rolled blankets since they are always afraid of the blankets unrolling. And we all know how parents like to buy aftermarket products :p

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah... I'm thinking if your baby doesn't fit the car seat it's a better idea to get a different car seat that's a better fit, than to use an aftermarket product. And if your baby's head is falling forward and obstructing the airway, how about properly reclining your seat?

babygirlsmom1005

Yeah... I'm thinking if your baby doesn't fit the car seat it's a better idea to get a different car seat that's a better fit, than to use an aftermarket product. And if your baby's head is falling forward and obstructing the airway, how about properly reclining your seat?

When my daughter was a infant (preemie with medical issues), we went through 4 different infant seats to find one she fit in correctly and didn't stop breathing in. All the seats were reclined at a 45 degree angle, just the shape and such of it had a lot to do with it. I don't remember which one we ended up with working, just happy to have one that we could go to the doctors without her apnea moniter wouldn't go off and her turning blue didn't happen. Never even occured to me to use aftermarket products, kinda figured since they didn't come with the seat, they weren't safe (and that's before I knew anything about carseats and saftey and such, just was on the hunt for one that would work for her).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Weird, under their product page they show a baby in a seat with the rolled rec'ing blankets, and they have one under the baby's back as well.

mommycat

It wouldn't be horrible if it didn't have that bar across the back. Even the foam under the legs seems ok to me, I had to put a rolled rec'g blanket between baby and crotch buckle in the SS1 for a long time, the gap was just so huge when he was little, he could have seriously slumped and/or put his legs through. But the bar across the back seems like unnecessary padding between baby and seat. Is the blanket behind the back something that some hospitals do to send home preemies with breathing issues?

SwingMom

Huh, the website says it has been crash tested. Quote:
"Snuggin Go TM has been crash safety tested utilizing the government’s FMVSS 213 car safety standard as a reference. All child seats tested with Snuggin Go TM performed within the normal requirements for injury specified by the FMVSS 213 test procedure."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC