The new Baby Trend seat :)

njkj

So i was going to BRU and decided to take a measuring tape and a camera :whistle: and do some investigation on the new BT seat. Here are my findings:

The shell is about 2in taller and the harness height is about 1 1/2 in taller than the old one. It is also A TON more plush. I also called CS when I got home and they also confirmed that it is also deeper and the harness is longer :) They also said it WILL becoming in a boy color eventually. I ask if it would be in the next nine mon., because if all goes well with the pregnancy this is the seat we are getting, and she said YES :) Now on to a few pics

22lb seat

358605749.jpg

358605735.jpg

30lb seat

358605722.jpg

358605725.jpg

358605714.jpg

Sorry the pics are not the greatest, i had an impatient 3 year old with me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

I was just coming on here to post pics. I didn't have a tape measure, but I did have a DD. :)

This picture contains misuse. The shoulder straps should be at or below her shoulders for rear-facing. 22 pound limit, back adjusted all the way up:
picture.php

She still has a bit to grow before reaching the top position of the harness.

This picture contains misuse. The shoulder straps should be at or below her shoulders for rear-facing. 30 pound limit, back adjusted all the way up:
picture.php

She still has a ways to grow before reaching the top position of the harness.

The only difference (other than labeling and cover) that I could find between the 22 pound and 30 pound versions was a double loop on the harness of the 30 pound:
picture.php

For comparison, KeyFit:
picture.php

The KF was very snug in her shoulders. I think the actual shell is wider in the KF than in the BT, but the added padding makes it narrower. Her shoulders were even with the top slots.

For comparison, SR32:
picture.php

Her shoulders were even with the top slots.

Last edited:

Pixels

The shell is about 2in taller and the harness height is about 1 1/2 in taller than the old one.

Did you adjust the back before taking those measurements? In your later pictures of the top of the shell, the adjustable back isn't up all the way.

njkj

I didn't count the headrest in the measerments because i was not sure if the 1 in rule included the moveable headrest or not. So no it is not all the way up in either of the shell hirght pictures.

Pixels

The adjustable back moves up to be even with or maybe slightly above the outer shell. But my question was in reference to your measurement of the harness height. The harness moves up with the adjustable back, so if the back wasn't all the way up, the measurements you took of harness height aren't accurate.

njkj

with the Harness hieght pics YES i did move the head rest all the way up on both seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC