Old Style BLVD cover on new style seat?

marjen

I've seen posted on here that the old style covers fit on the new style seats. So I traded my new style for an old style, and it doesn't fit at all. Am I doing something wrong? It's not a matter of just being snug...it sits several inches from the back of the center of the headwings (if that makes sense). I've tried to pull it and work with it...but I'm afraid I'm going to damage the headwings in the process. Any advice??? Thanks :)

ADS

mykidsmylife

I have NO issues AT ALL with mine. I have 2 new style covers and one old style and both covers fit on both the old style and new style seat with absolutley no issues at all..

Can you get pics to better explain?

Blondie87

I had no problem either... Here are my 2 new style Boulevards. On the left is the old style cover. You can see the difference in how they look.. but they it fits!

IMG_1384.jpg

marjen

Okay, here are pics to show what I'm talking about. I got my husband to try too...and he had the same trouble as me. From the front, it looks like it fits great...but it doesn't go against the middle part between the headwings. There's a huge gap...and I've pulled it as tight as I can. Like I said, I don't want to damage my seat. Am I missing something? Thanks!

mykidsmylife

YOu are gonna have to squeeze the headwings a bit to get the cover on. It won't damage it. Once the black part gets over the little hump the rest of the cover will slide on.

I thought the new style covers were the ones with the True Side Impact emblem???

I have that same cover BTW on my old style Blvd....

Good Luck.

marjen

Thanks for the tips :) I managed to get it on...it doesn't really fit as well as I'd like, but it will do. I guess I was just used to how my new style cover fit. One last question for the people with old style covers on new style seats...do you think the cover at the top of the headwings could tear? Mine is realllly tight and really stretched over that spot.

I love this cover though! :D

mykidsmylife

I have had my old style on for months with no issues at all. It is getting ready to go back on Seths seat so I can clean the Onyx. He has the old style regal cover...

I just don't see it as an issue.

valleyfam

Yes that's Meghan. She's a beauty isn't she? I just got mine from a member here as well and love it! Not sure exactly when they changed but both my Shannon and Meghan are old style covers and they both have the Side Impact Emblem. My Shannon is on a 5/5/08 BV and I kind of gathered from the Britax website the new wings and covers came in June 08. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Last edited:

marjen

OP- Your cover is a new style cover....

When I first saw the TSIP patch I was kinda confused too...but it's definitely an old style cover. And the other picture of the Meghan from the PP has the patch and is an old style too. I wonder when they switched to putting the TSIP patch on there?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC