Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

I never thought I'd see this misuse in my own car

The other night I went out and left DD with DH. I asked him if he wanted me to show him how to install her seat or to do it for him. It was raining so he said no and that he wouldn't be going anywhere. Well later he decided to go to my sister's house for dinner.

He installed her seat with LATCH, but so not tight at all. When he got over there my sister's SO came out to help him install the seat and then my sister came out to help also. My sister has 2 kids ages 6 and 8.

This seat was installed so bad. The seat was RF with a recline of like 95 degrees if that is possible. Both LATCH anchors and the seat belt were used and the FF foot was up. Even with that the seat was still so loose. I can't believe DD rode in it even for a 5 minute drive.

So DH is getting a lesson in installing car seats again. I have tried to tell him and show him, but hopefully it will sink in this time. I also can't believe my sister could not install a car set correctly either. She has 2 of her own kids though they have been in boosters since they were 4.

Here are a few pictures of this misuse. DD's very upright Avenue. The angle of the picture is off. It was even more upright than you can tell from the picture.
    Last edited by jewlsvern; 03-20-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    Andraya-6 Nathaniel-4 Annalee Grace 18mon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: I never thought I'd see this misuse in my own car

Just looking at the pictures scare me. Wow.

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Maybe a visit with a tech is in order?

Youch...that is very upright!