Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

My little guy in his new FPSVD

This is inside the house....notice the harness is on the 2nd slot....

And here it is after the install....with the harness on the 3rd slot, but with lots of room to grow. Hopefully we make it beyond 4 in this seat.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: My little guy in his new FPSVD

It could be the angle of the picture, but the seat looks pretty reclined for FF.

I bet if you installed it upright more with the back of the base closer to your vehicle seat you'll gain a TON more harness height in the carseat for him.
    Emily (7.5) Monterey / Eleanor (4) Frontier 85 / Samantha (22 months) RF Radian

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by MomToEm View Post
    It could be the angle of the picture, but the seat looks pretty reclined for FF.

I bet if you installed it upright more with the back of the base closer to your vehicle seat you'll gain a TON more harness height in the carseat for him.
    I'll install it more upright and see where it's at on him.

Senior Community Member

I'm going to say that in the photo, it does look as though it is reclined- which is only for FF.....hopefully it is a simple fix then.

Out of curiosity, what is the date of manufacture on your seat?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Carseat Crazy

08/07 I bought it off the ebay link posted here. I know some said that was probably bad, but it came packaged like new and everything was still attached with the plastic still on.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiandluke View Post
    I'm going to say that in the photo, it does look as though it is reclined- which is only for FF.....hopefully it is a simple fix then.
    I'm going to make sure when I reinstall, but I'm pretty sure it is NOT in recline mode. I just moved it away from the bite of the seat to get it a little more reclined. Is that even ok? Should've asked before...

If it is new in box, I have no problem with buying off ebay. I know they aren't making the FPSVD anymore and just wondered how recent the DOM was. I didn't know exactly when they quit making them.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
    If it is new in box, I have no problem with buying off ebay. I know they aren't making the FPSVD anymore and just wondered how recent the DOM was. I didn't know exactly when they quit making them.
    I think this was one of the lasts, maybe a couple months later.

For summertime--make sure you cover it up (with a light colored sheet, towel, blanket thing)---the sport gets really really hot. Not just the black part, but the shiney part too.
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Simplysomething View Post
    For summertime--make sure you cover it up (with a light colored sheet, towel, blanket thing)---the sport gets really really hot. Not just the black part, but the shiney part too.
    I was wodering about that. Thanks for the tip!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Simplysomething View Post
    I'm thinking about getting another cover anyways, cause this one is really stiff.

We love ours!! I tried my DS in it last night, since I had it out of the car for cleaning, and he still maybe 1/2 inch to go before it was outgrown. He will be 6 on Sat and weighs 41 lbs.
    DS 9 years old, 57# 50.5in in a Evenflo Amp LBB 01 Honda Accord, Graco TB LBB 03 Honda Pilot
    DD 6 years old 43.5# 44in Recaro ProBooster 01 Honda Accord, Britax Frontier85 03 Honda Pilot

I love my fpsv too. I suspect that my ds will get to 6 in it too. He has about 3 inches to go before it is outgrown. He has 4 or so inches left in the radian (for comparison).
    Angie mama to R 4 years, 33 lbs/38 inches in a radian
    W 7 years,66 lbs/51 inches in a parkway
    M 9 years, 58 lbs/51 inches in a parkway

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by musicmaj View Post
    I love my fpsv too. I suspect that my ds will get to 6 in it too. He has about 3 inches to go before it is outgrown. He has 4 or so inches left in the radian (for comparison).
    Thanks. You guys are making me feel better.

CPS Fanatic

We have a FPSVD and I can see Logan lasting till at least 5 in it. I love it! :-) So, easy to install either FF or RF.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa618 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting another cover anyways, cause this one is really stiff.
    I have the red/black one in my car, and is cooler than the sport, but the red...oh boy it shows dirt. Really really well. lol

The sport we have in my mothers car, and the cover has never stayed on the back completely. Never enough for me to DO anything (like call Britax to complain)about it, but enough to annoy me. lol

I've never felt the circus dot print, and I don't own any of those...unapproved, but supposedly fit...MA/DC/BLVD covers. lol

Black car-seat covers are mean. MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* View Post
    We have a FPSVD and I can see Logan lasting till at least 5 in it. I love it! :-) So, easy to install either FF or RF.
    Yup, my ds2 is in his--and I suspect we'll get a another year or so out of it, unless he turbo grows between now and next March, and I know that's possible, but I don't see it happening. lol
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.