Compare: Go vs. other HWH

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Does anyone have stats/photos of kids in the Go vs. other HWH seats? Mainly I'm looking to see how much room kids have left in the Go vs. where they fit in other seats (Nautilus, Regent, etc.)

I know the Go harness height varies by car and installation method, but I'm looking for a ballpark if nothing else.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Or to put it another way...

If a kid is on the top slots of the Nautilus (with room to grow) or second-to-top slots of the Regent, is he likely to fit in the Go with an upright LATCH install?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ugh...wish I had a kid that size to check for you. Bitsy has an 18.5 inch torso and I assume would still fit in the Regent, but is like half an inch over the Go harness top position (and 5 pounds over the weight limit)...she's 9.5, anyway.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmm...my kid is only 4.5, but the size of a 6-year-old. I'm thinking he'll fit, but it's really hard to say, you know? If your 9.5-year-old is only a half-inch over, I could presume that means my kid has some time...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I found the 52 inch height limit to be fairly accurate, though my kid's as leggy as a giraffe. And hey, there's always resale value to consider :D

MomToEliEm

When I asked about the Safeguard Go a few months ago, Darren responded to my question about the top harness measurement.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=68937

My Question:
I know the top torso height allowed in this seat varies depending on the seat it is installed on, but from those who have used this seat, what measurements do you get when the harness is at it's highest setting and what vehicle is it installed in? What factors in the car's seat might influence how tall the harness can go? Does it help if you have headrests or not or a more upright seat or reclined seat?
Darren's Answer
Mine is about 18" right now, using LATCH, in the captain's chair of a 2006 Odyssey.

It was closer to 17" using a seatbelt in either our van or our Subaru wagon.

It can depend on the location of the seatbelts (or LATCH anchors), how tight you install it, how tight the top tether is and the design of the vehicle seat. Reclining the vehicle seat back might affect it a little bit, especially in how you measure. I'd say 17-18" would cover the vast majority of installs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC