Goore's Installation

freqflyer

Hello,

I have a 16 lb little boy who is 24 inches tall. He is currently in a snugride but will graduate to a Blvd once he hits 22 lbs. We bought it at Goore's and they will install for free.

We had a bad experience at the Fire Station near us with some misinformation. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if my husband misunderstood or the tech was bad or a combination of both. The station is listed on the technician list, but I'm not sure whether the specific tech was.

Now I've heard that the installations at Goore's may not be the best. Can anybody give me some reassurance? We have a few months to go before we outgrow the Snugride (I hope) but I want to make sure we know what needs to be done.

Thanks

ADS

sb518

You can always call and ask if they have certified passenger safety technicians who help with the install. If they aren't certified I would pass on the "free installation" and take it to a real tech.

You can find one in your area at http://www.seatcheck.org/

Also... is there a certain reason you are waiting until the 22lb mark to move him into the Boulevard? You can move him into the new seat now and he can continue to rear face up to 35 pounds. The Boulevard is a very easy seat to install rear facing, especially if you have LATCH anchors in your car. I'm sure some of the awesome techs could walk you through it here.

freqflyer

We're waiting because I love the ease of the bucket. He falls asleep in the car often and I would hate to have to wake him up to take him inside. I wish I had known to get the safeseat, but I'll probably lose the love as he gets bigger.

natysr

Remember, a tech is not there to be an installation service. Think of the tech as a teacher. He/She is specially trained in the ins and outs of child passenger safety. The more they work, the more experienced they are and familiar with different seats and vehicles, the quirks of each, and compatibility.

They are not there to install the seat for you. They are their to teach you how to confidently do it yourself. Many parents think "well, once it is installed, I won't move it". Well, what if your car breaks down and your best friend who is single is the only one that can come to pick you up from the side of the freeway.

You and your DH should see the tech together.

Now, IMO, the best way to get the most out of your visit is to first sit down and read the manual to your carseat cover to cover...twice. Then, read the section of your vehicle manual regarding installing carseats. Then, take out the seat and play with it. Find all of the "parts" of the seat on the diagrams.

Then, when you go to see the tech, you can be a confident, active participant in the installation process. You will likely come up with questions you otherwise wouldn't have have.

If you are interest in using Goores, ask them if they have an employee that is SafeKids Certified. If not, go somewhere else.

Good luck!

Mommy0608

It's okay to continue using the Snugride for now, but he might not make it to 22lbs, depending on height. The seat is outgrown when your child reaches the weight limit OR when he has less than 1" of hard shell above his head, whichever comes first.

As for the "free installation," definitely ask if they're certified CPSTs. Also, a CPST should teach YOU how to install it, rather than do it for you, so that you are confident in the installation process incase you ever need to move the seat yourself. ;)

Britax seats are famous for easy installations. Plus, Britax has installation videos on their website that you may find helpful.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC