Got my new cargo! Pics Heavy

firemomof3

Thanks to everyone in suggesting a graco cargo :) It installed quick & easy and my long belt stalks were no problem :D My 3y/o loves it & is on the 2nd harness slots. I really like this seat! I was surprised to see that in booster mode it fit my 5.5y/o well except for the fact that her shoulders were totally smooshed. I can see her leaning forward to stay comfortable which of course is not safe :thumbsup:

Here is the cargo installed with my horribly long belt stalks:
carseatpics017.jpg

carseatpics019.jpg

carseatpics021.jpg

ADS

capeKO71

See - yeah - we got that one... and I'm not totally unhappy with it as a booster... I guess it depends on the child - but yours actually looks like it fits your kids great... both ways!

solmama

How big are your kids? Just because that looks like a great secondary seat for my little ds (he's almost 3). What is her torso height?

capeKO71

I will say - my DS who is almost 3, fits great in the cargo. But at the center where I do installs, we had a bunch of Chases... and he had WAY more room in the Chase - about an additional inch. In the cargo, he's in the top slots... on the chase he would have been on the second to top slots. They actually aren't the Chase...but the cheaper seat... the one without the armrests... same seat though.

Simplysomething

Supposidly yes, they are new belt guides but I don't know what the old ones were like.

The older ones were flatter/flush with the cover...

Could you, maybe do a test with having her lean forward--to see if the new belt guides allows the seat belt to retract?

(I had the old cargo for ds1, this is where I say I wish we had the canadian weight limit in the US. lol)

BabyKaykes

Could you, maybe do a test with having her lean forward--to see if the new belt guides allows the seat belt to retract?

(I had the old cargo for ds1, this is where I say I wish we had the canadian weight limit in the US. lol)

:yeahthat:

HERE are the old belt guides. Very flat.

zactayaus

Wow. Your older DD must have a super long torso. My almost 6yo still has plenty of shell above his head in our cargo, although I guess maybe he has a super short torso (15.5").:p

firemomof3

The belt does not retract after she leans forward

firemomof3

Yes, I think the fit is good...until the child moves because the belt loops arn't big enough to allow the belt to slide back to retract.
It seems like a pretty simple concept....I wonder what engineer screwed it up :soapbox:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC