IMMI/Safeguard no more?!

Heather98012

I just got an email from HipMonkey saying that IMMI is stopping production of their seats! Has anyone else heard this? Hhmmm...it makes me second guess my decision to buy a Safeguard Go (or maybe I should buy one asap!). They said that there is talk about another manufacturer taking over the designs, but nothing is concrete. What have you guys heard?

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If no one's heard anything yet, I bet they can get the scoop at Lifesavers in a couple weeks... I wouldn't be surprised, though, I don't think their seats sell very well. I LOVE my Go...hmm...I don't suppose I should get another one? :eek: (I'm sure they'll continue to make their innovative bus and ambulance seats, and they do make a large percentage of the harnesses in other brands of seats, so I doubt they are out of business or anything).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Holy crud.

So no more Regents and no more SafeGuards? What am I going to do with a super-long-torsoed young kid who will outgrow the Nautilus before 4 years old???

P1ally

Idk, I have a hard time believing this based on the source.. Don't get me wrong, I love hipmonkey, but this info seems... Idk, like office rumors.. We know they stopped production on the red, so maybe they blew that out of proportion?

But then agaaaaaaaaain.... They really didn't sell that well..... IMMI isn't going under for sure. But the seats? Who knows...

God I hope this is just a rumor.. Lifesavers can't get here soon enough... I want the SCOOP! I mean, no regent.. Possibly no SG.. There MUST be something cool going on...

I hope...:confused:

*hugs SG seat*

Momof4Girls

My local car seat guy (actually knows what he's talking about!) at USABaby told me a year or so ago that SafeGuard was trying to find a buyer for its design, that they didn't want to continue manufacturing seats.

Raechel

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, I wonder if this is why I woke up in a panic at 5 a.m. convinced that I MUST buy a Go today...

Heather98012

Jennie, you're cracking me up!! Here is exactly what was said in the email I got:
IMMI/SafeGuard has actually quit making car seats so what we have in stock is all there is and we are not able to order more. There is talk of another car seat manufacturer taking over production of the Safeguard seats so it is possible in the next few months that other colors may become available again but for now all we have left is Black and Brown.

Now, when I asked Elitecarseats.com's customer service about it, they acted like they didn't know & said I should contact SafeGuard directly. I tried to (for other questions I had) but couldn't get ahold of them. I'll try again today & let you know what I find out.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, I just ordered my Go a few minutes ago, but definitely keep us informed if you find out anything. :thumbsup:

I can understand why SafeGuard would want to get out of the car seat business (the finished-product, consumer market, at least). They've never had a big market share, and the SG Child Seat has historically been EXPENSIVE, especially with other HWH/high-harness seats on the market now.

If they lowered the Child Seat price to, say, $250, they'd probably be very competitive. Another company would be smart to pick up the design, lower the price, and run with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC