Infant Seat or RFing Convertible?

• Infant Seat

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • RFing Convertible

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jsta1005

A while back I posted about my SS1 handle. The rubber grippy part was starting to peel back. Well I finally got around to getting a hold of Graco. They are sending me a return label to send back my seat and will send me a refund check for the seat also.

Now here's the hard part. Do I go buy an infant seat (another SS1) or do I just use one of the convertibles I already have? Sandon is 4 months old. He weighs about 16ish lbs and is super tall. He has pretty much outgrown a Snugride. I wear him a lot of the time when we are out, but like the convenience of the carrier so I can buckle him inside and then by the car I only have to snap him in the base and buckle his sis in to her seat.

Here is how much room he has left in the SS1.
downsized_0305091414a.jpg

Which would you pick and why?

ADS

Pixels

If it was winter in a cold climate, or high summer in a hot one, I'd say another infant seat. But it's not, and you're not. So convertible.

jsta1005

weather is not an issue here... we don't really have much when it comes to seasons... I decided to try the convertible route for now and if it's horrible, when the refund comes I will get another infant seat.

But I'm a little concerned with the sun in the eyes issue of a convertible. Any suggestions that actually block the sun? The window shades I have tried before miss where the sun usually comes in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC