Have you seen this? Flying Falcon Infant Car Seat Carrier Strap

ADS

mamato2

Yeah really! I am SO tired of seeing babies in those seats having their heads go 'bump, bump, bump' on the side of the seat as they are carried along. So many parents seem oblivious to what's going on with the baby when they are in the 'grab the carrier and go' mode. It seems so lonely for the child.
C.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
While I think the strap on the SIV was an awesome design, I'm kind of leary of an aftermarket strap for an infant seat with a handle. I don't really get the idea of wearing an infant seat the way the Falcon product is pictured. Not that I'm completely anti-infant seat either, lol, I used a SafeSeat 1 until my youngest was almost a year old. But I didn't leave the baby in the infant seat for extended periods, and only used it in the car after winter ended and she was able to sit up on her own better for shopping and restaurant meals. I sure wouldn't want to "wear" an infant seat (ouchie!) and agree with the PP about carrying/wearing the baby in a sling.

lovinwaves

Ok, that thing just looks funny. Like a gimic product. I think it would be much easier to just carry the baby in. I also wouldn't trust those straps!! And can we say "OUCH" on the back!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I am SO tired of seeing babies in those seats having their heads go 'bump, bump, bump' on the side of the seat as they are carried along. So many parents seem oblivious to what's going on with the baby when they are in the 'grab the carrier and go' mode. It seems so lonely for the child.
I have to say, I wouldn't use it either, it doesn't look very safe the way it wraps around the car seat - like it could just slip off. I always used infant seats as carriers for my younger 2 babies. When my 2nd was born, my older one was 19 months, and when my 3rd was born, my older 2 were 2 1/2 and 13 months, so I pretty much had to carry the baby in the carrier in order to be able to deal with the other 2. Now, I'm hoping that it didn't make people think I'm a bad mom!

lovinwaves

stayinhomewithmy3 said:
I have to say, I wouldn't use it either, it doesn't look very safe the way it wraps around the car seat - like it could just slip off. I always used infant seats as carriers for my younger 2 babies. When my 2nd was born, my older one was 19 months, and when my 3rd was born, my older 2 were 2 1/2 and 13 months, so I pretty much had to carry the baby in the carrier in order to be able to deal with the other 2. Now, I'm hoping that it didn't make people think I'm a bad mom!

Of course your not a BAD mommy!!! My two kids are 16 mths apart, so I had to carry my youngest in his carrier ALOT. If DH was with us I could carry the baby in my arms. I'm wishing now I had had one of those sling thingies. Anyways you gotta do what you gotta do. My friend is getting ready to have her third child and they are all the same ages apart as yours. Wow, you must be really really busy!!!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Hi Lovinwaves! I know this is all way off the topic at hand, but yes, it is busy around here, but it is getting much easier now that my youngest just turned 2. The first few months were very rough, though, so tell your friend to hang in there! 16 months is close, too - I bet you're right, a sling would've made life easier. I did use a Baby Bjorn carrier sometimes, but they're not the easiest things to use. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to look for a sling next time!

lovinwaves

stayinhomewithmy3 said:
Hi Lovinwaves! I know this is all way off the topic at hand, but yes, it is busy around here, but it is getting much easier now that my youngest just turned 2. The first few months were very rough, though, so tell your friend to hang in there! 16 months is close, too - I bet you're right, a sling would've made life easier. I did use a Baby Bjorn carrier sometimes, but they're not the easiest things to use. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to look for a sling next time!

I am going to private message you.

fancypants

Flying Falcon Car Seat Carrier

Hello all, I have to tell you that my man and I used the Falcon car seat carrier and it works great. It frees your hands up and makes it easier to carry things. We didn't always have to get out the stroller and then mess with it in the store. It doesn't slide around and is actually more comfortable than carrying the thing in your hand. My man used it all the time and didnt want to give it up. We would use it to walk right into a restaurant or supermarket, or when we visited family or friends. I like a sling but this is better when you dont have time or just dont feel like it. And your not leaned over to the side, your back is actually straight. Your infant actually is level instead of being leaned into the side like I see so many times. And there is no bump, bump, bump, its a much smoother ride. Its not a gimmic. My man and I recommend it. And it maybe not for you but ask your man. Some of you may want to rethink your thoughts. http://www.flyingfalcon.net/products.php

fancypants :) ;) :cool:

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
UlrikeDG said:
Remember the old FP SIVs that had soft, dufflebag style straps? Well, this is a universal strap for infant seats.

Flying Falcon Infant Car Seat Carrier Strap

I admit, I bought this :rolleyes: The thing about the SIV (which I also had... Kecia's old one!) is that it's designed to be worn on the hips/belly, too... the Key Fit...well... not so much..the handle is bulky and it's wide right where it should be narrow!
I wore it around the house to test it out, then realized it requires velcro tape to be glued to the seat, and since I had 5 seats at the time, I couldn't figure out which to use it on, so I stuck it in my giant bag of random baby gear and haven't used it since that first day.
Honestly though I keep meaning to get it out and use it.. Winter's here, and Leah has a habit of screaming in the car, so we try to work errands during her naptime so she can sleep through them in her carseat ('sounds' bad, but we really don't get out a lot :eek: )

If I ever really dig it out again and decide to use it now that she's getting so heavy, I'll post a better review (from the 5 minutes I used it, it's an experiment in bulk, but the strap really does distribute weight better than trying to carry the baby in the seat... on the plus side, I'm getting some very toned shoulders!)

:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, I just got a Graco SafeSeat1, and Leah is getting heeeeeaaaavy... I'll try to put it on that seat this weekend or so and give y'all a review. I'm betting if I put the handle all the way down it'll be out of the way, but I'll have to try it :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ain't I, though? She LOVES the SS1...absolutely loves it!

Ok, I'm bummed.. the Flying Falcon definitely didn't work with the SS1...I think it needs to be a smaller seat (I didn't try it again, but it seemed a lot better with the Key Fit, though I never put the velcro on the KF). It wouldn't adjust loose enough so that the support strap wouldn't be in the baby's face, and the shoulder wouldn't adjust loose enough to really ever get it centered on my shoulder.
The bummer part? I did use 3 of the velcro strips and one of them was on the Spanish label of the seat...I declined to put the 4th strip on the English label, fortunately, because it ripped the label off when I removed it. I guess I'd better make sure this seat never goes to a Spanish speaking family :(

Then I got frustrated and am tempted to toss the whole mess.. but I might make it work with one of Bitsy's baby carriers or something, lol.

skaterbabs

LOL
Well, S is about done with the Companion. LOL She got baby J a Scenera, and is just trying to edge out those last couple of pounds before losing the ability to use the carrier wth him. lol I loaned her our baby scale and he's consistantly weighing 19 1/2 lbs these days. :eek:

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
That's a shame, Julie. I had a SIV for Nadia (which she only rode in for a few weeks, but still...), and I thought it was a great concept. Certainly, a regular sling is better for the mall, etc, but when you're just trying to get everyone from the car to the house when it's cold and rainy, the strap was very nice.

All of my kids were out of infant seats at the times when we flew, so I don't know if something like that would have been useful then or not. I think the system we used worked pretty well anyway.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, and just for the record, it's actually a really high quality gizmo. The strap is thick and well padded and the hardware is very high quality and easy to adjust. Even the packaging and velcro are top notch :).
Graco just had to throw a wrench in the works by making such an enormous infant seat, lol.

:)

jenrose

Just a note... Fancypants is affiliated with Flying Falcon.

I have the product and will be reviewing it soon, but wanted to make it clear that the testimonial is *not* just a user testimonial.

Loved my Stay In View. Nearly cried when we retired it.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
What I hate about infant seats is how they bruise the side of my legs -- this strap would be nice.... Yes, I prefer to carry babes in slings, but someone once made a point about icey walks: keeping baby in carseat would be safer when walking on ice :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC