Dorel CS just told me I can use aftermarket products!

christineka

I saw harness pads and an infant headrest in my scenera manual, so I called to see if I could buy them. The scenera has never come with either of those (apparently the manual is used for more than one car seat?) The CS rep then told me I could buy a generic head pillow thing from them or could just go out in the marketplace and buy whatever accessories I wanted!!!

I just thought it would be nice to have the extras for a newborn, but she'll just have to go without harness pads and use the rolled up blankets. (I've had to use those in my low budget infant seats anyway.)

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Interesting. I wonder if they're counting on parents having the common sense to choose one that doesn't mess severely with the harness? I'm sure they wouldn't condone those SK ones that are so bulky even behind the kid. Not the comfy soft, but the other one. (I'm blanking on the name of it.) At least I'd hope not...

skaterbabs

Ugh. call back and ask to speak with the CS manager. Not only did the rep give you incorrect information, that information could seriously injure a child if they give it to the wrong person.:thumbsdown:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmmm. Technically, aren't the EB ones they sell at Target and the Safety 1st ones and all that made by Dorel?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Safety 1st makes a pile of unregulated products, and I think all the Dorel manuals say they are allowed... though if they didn't mention specifically using Dorel products, that's kind of scary :(

NannyMom

Did they tell you they didn't have harness covers for the Scenera? Because I bought 2 sets a few months ago. :confused: I called, and asked for them, and the only option was navy.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did they tell you they didn't have harness covers for the Scenera? Because I bought 2 sets a few months ago. :confused: I called, and asked for them, and the only option was navy.

Were they made specifically for the Scenera or were they from another seat? (I mean, the Uptown/Avenue come with pads and head support.)

BabyKaykes

Years ago there was a 'Deluxe' Scenera. It was a funky maroon plaid and came with an infant insert and shoulder pads.

I do recall when I worked at BRU, a guy from corporate once telling me that most of the 'Especially for Baby' brand stuff was made by Safety 1st. And a Dorel rep said the same a few months later.

I dunno what my point is. Just thought I'd mention it.

NannyMom

Were they made specifically for the Scenera or were they from another seat? (I mean, the Uptown/Avenue come with pads and head support.)

I called and asked for the Scenera harness pads, and gave the info from my seats. THey offered me navy harness pads. THey are not the same as the Uptown pads (don't have the design and I think they're a little darker). I haven't seen a navy Avenue.

I wanted to have the officially allowed ones for my seats. But if they weren't available I would have continued to use my Fisher Price ones (BRU) :whistle: They're short and pretty thin.

christineka

I contacted dorel through their website. They replied that there is no scenera model with harness pads or an infant insert and due to testing none are allowed from other seats. (Different than what the cs said.) They told me if I wanted them, I should buy a 3 in 1 seat. I hope they get that straight with cs reps.

NannyMom

THat's weird. I'd called to request them before because I think some other people had too (that's where I got the idea).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC