Well, that's something I haven't seen yet...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
This, in the back seat of a car in the grocery store parking lot, as a booster (I guess? I don't understand people sometimes...)

ADS

sunnymw

Well, it could have just been back there as a gift! And if it was belted in, then maybe it was a mama whose kids were with daddy and she wanted to "properly secure her projectiles"

Of course, chances are...

monstah

Ummm.... I have seen that before.

Once, in a Walmart parking lot. It was most definitely being used as a booster. It was dirty (gross) and had serious indents from the seatbelt right on it. I'm pretty sure it was a "Power Rangers" chair. :thumbsdown:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hopefully the trunk is full of hard, heavy objects without room for the foamy, fluffy minichair? We can only hope....

G8r4evr

OMG! Im trying to think positively here...yep, I think it was just a gift...please tell me it was just a gift.

BW1426

Wow. That's even worse than the cooshie booster the brother of the dad of the family I nanny for in the summer (they have a cottage right next door in the summer) used with their 6 yo in their SmartCar :rolleyes:

Kyras_Mama

I know one person who has something like this bucked in their backseat for their dog to sit on... any possibility it could have been for that? I mean.. still not a great, safe idea but better than putting a kid in it...

mamabear

I get it.. .I'm almost afraid to look into other cars these days.

Today we went to a birthday party, and I walked by one of the cars that had this in it.........installed rearfacing. OK, maybe a seriously misinformed parent, still trying to RF, but next to it was a newer looking MA, installed forward facing:confused:

Almost all the families at the party had at least 2 kids, so i'm pretty sure it was being used for a kid, and not a doll or something, but they had it totally a** backwards!!!

I never did figure out who's car it was, or I was planning on saying something. Nothing like embarrassing someone at a kids birthday party full of people you don't know!!:eek:

What are some people thinking???

sparkyd

Today we went to a birthday party, and I walked by one of the cars that had this in it.........installed rearfacing. OK, maybe a seriously misinformed parent, still trying to RF, but next to it was a newer looking MA, installed forward facing:confused:

I would have been curious to know exactly how they installed that seat rear-facing.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would have been curious to know exactly how they installed that seat rear-facing.

With great difficulty. ;)

I installed an identical seat to that rf'ing for one of the misuse exercises at the tech course we ran in February and it wasn't easy to do - at least not if you wanted any kind of recline to it. And the lower anchor belt wouldn't even reach the anchors.

I've actually seen a seat come in to a clinic like that before though. Parents bought it not realizing it was a combo seat and knew the infant still had to be rf'ing. The kid left the clinic back in the infant seat which was outgrown by weight - but was a lesser risk than ff'ing a baby.

mamabear

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC