Got to play with the Coccoro today!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Lullaby Lane has them in stock.

I'll go back over there sometime this week when I'm not on the clock and take pics.

This car seat is really magical somehow. It is REALLY tiny. There were three of them sitting together on a shelf that is normally occupied by two Recaros, and the three Coroccos take up the same amount of space as the two Recaros. But it is actually a really good size for a 40# convertible. It would actually last rfing longer than a Roundabout, and just as long as the RA ffing.

Measurements----

16" wide

22 and a smidge" to top of shell (RA measured at just under 21")

harness slots
9-11-13-15 * top two slots reinforced for ffing

Infant padding: must be used under 15#, cannot be used over 20#

cover: soft meshish type material similar to the Monterray. Cover snaps in place over the rfing belt path for easy access.

Level indicator is a line on a sticker

installation:
I only had about 15 minutes between appointments, so I only installed it on the IMMB test seat.

RFing was confusing at first. I've installed a Euro seat or two, so I'm familiar with the way the shoulder beth wraps around (and how that makes putting the child in and out a PITA in outboard positions) but I was stumped for a minute when I initially routed the seatbelt BEHIND the crotch strap (like most seats) and found that the belly pad is actually sewn to part of the cover that doesn't unsnap and lift up. After a moment or two of thought, I realized that the seatbelt had to go in front of the crotch strap, and was able to route the belt correctly with a degree of ease which made me feel like an idiot for getting it wrong. The angle was easy enough to adjust, by adjusting the position of the seat, but a noodle will probably be needed in some cars. The seat itself has no recline adjusters, rfing or ffing, but is quite buckety shaped. I'll have to try it in a few more cars before I decide if that is good or bad.

There is a thick Nania style lock-off that doesn't actually attach to the car seat, but I didn't try it yet.

Ffing install was super easy, but looks strange without a foot prop. Instead you have to be sure the 4 belt guides on the back of the shell for the rfing shoulder belt routing are all in contact with the vehicle seat.

All in all, it's an interesting seat and I'm eager to play with it more. I think if COMBI were to put the FP SIV handle on it, they would sell like hotcakes. I can totally see being able to install it rfing with a child in it.

Like I said, I'll go back for pics and to play some more. I didn't try to adjust the harness at all, so I'll check that out. If anyone wants me to check out anything else just LMK.

Last edited:
ADS

safeinthecar

Re: Got to play with the Corocco today!

great info. :) I'm not holding my breath on any store near me having one.

ps, Coccoro. ;)

Ahhh, your link reminds me...all the pics on the tags and other promo stuff show it without the chest clip. The manual doesn't say you can remove it, but it doesn't say you can remove the strap covers either, so maybe it's optional. That would be stellar. Remind me to call COMBI on Monday to ask if it can be used without it.

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

I'd love to hear how it installs with lap-only belt (they said there's an alternate belt path, or something?) And how it installs FF, of course.

Heather98012

I remember seeing the pics months ago that Darren posted & it looked awesome. I'm jealous that you got to play with one IRL. Maybe I'll need to go snooping around Seattle for one!

crunchierthanthou

Ahhh, your link reminds me...all the pics on the tags and other promo stuff show it without the chest clip. The manual doesn't say you can remove it, but it doesn't say you can remove the strap covers either, so maybe it's optional. That would be stellar. Remind me to call LC on Monday to ask if it can be used without it.

interesting.

I just put the link there to show the correct spelling and that it's Combi, not LC. :eek:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

I remember seeing the pics months ago that Darren posted & it looked awesome. I'm jealous that you got to play with one IRL. Maybe I'll need to go snooping around Seattle for one!

If you find one tell me! I'd love to see one in person.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Probably because I just moved two weeks ago. :)

The Right Start here is going out of business, and they just had two Regents in stock. I haven't been out to Merry Go Round yet. I haven't even been to a Target or BRU/TRU here yet. So I don't know what's in the area.

Wendy

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician

Thanks for the review! Definitely post more info (and photos!) when you can. I'm also curious about installs (RF and FF) in real cars.

Ahhh, your link reminds me...all the pics on the tags and other promo stuff show it without the chest clip. The manual doesn't say you can remove it, but it doesn't say you can remove the strap covers either, so maybe it's optional. That would be stellar. Remind me to call COMBI on Monday to ask if it can be used without it.

The PDF manual I have shows instructions for removing the shoulder pads (page 48). The "securing your child" section clearly describes the chest clip being used. I'd say the photos without the chest clip are just poor marketing. But who knows?

safeinthecar

Thanks for the review! Definitely post more info (and photos!) when you can. I'm also curious about installs (RF and FF) in real cars.

The PDF manual I have shows instructions for removing the shoulder pads (page 48). The "securing your child" section clearly describes the chest clip being used. I'd say the photos without the chest clip are just poor marketing. But who knows?

I flipped through the manual really quickly, so I could have missed it saying they were optional. I do remember instructions on how to remove them in the section regarding removing the cover and stuff for cleaning.

Heather98012

Probably because I just moved two weeks ago. :)

The Right Start here is going out of business, and they just had two Regents in stock. I haven't been out to Merry Go Round yet. I haven't even been to a Target or BRU/TRU here yet. So I don't know what's in the area.

Wendy

Wait...the one near U Village is going out of business? I was told they weren't. I know the Bellevue one closed about 2 weeks ago.

And you sneaky thing..not telling us you were moving!

Kat_Momof3

wow... that's fantastic to confirm that it actually lasts a good bit of time.

people still splurge on the roundabout for the shorter shell and all... and from what I've seen, the coccoro would be worth the splurge, too.

while I wouldn't start a baby there, I know it'd be nice for me to have an option of putting 3 across the back if I had another baby (in the third row of my van), so if I could, I'd probably splurge.

As long as the baby would get more rf time than the roundabout and be ready for a Nautilus after (which clearly it will), then it sounds like a great recommendation for third rows, for tiny cars, and other places where they need something super compact to get them through at least the rf step.

I'm guessing the magical part is that it has no base... the roundabout sits higher on it's base than the Marathon.

The Truefit and even the Radian tend to take up somewhat less space than the Marathon, just due to lack of a base.

I can't wait for pics!

It would be great if you could post a review of it in the review section!!

urchin_grey

Hmm, so the bottom slots are RF'ing only, correct? Does that mean the TOP two are FF'ing only, or can those be used RF'ing as well? :confused:

Seriously doubting that I'd get one of these, but our spare car DOES have a tiny back seat and it IS really cute. :whistle: But if you can't use the top two slots for RF'ing, then DS would already be too big to RF in it and he's only 22.5lbs.

safeinthecar

Hmm, so the bottom slots are RF'ing only, correct? Does that mean the TOP two are FF'ing only, or can those be used RF'ing as well? :confused:

Seriously doubting that I'd get one of these, but our spare car DOES have a tiny back seat and it IS really cute. :whistle: But if you can't use the top two slots for RF'ing, then DS would already be too big to RF in it and he's only 22.5lbs.

I didn't see anything about only using the bottom 2 slots rfing, but it clearly said to only use the top 2 slots for ffing. It was worded funny like the "only use rfing for children under 20#" thing that confuses so many.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I flipped through the manual really quickly, so I could have missed it saying they were optional. I do remember instructions on how to remove them in the section regarding removing the cover and stuff for cleaning.

On page 48 it says "Use of included shoulder strap covers is optional." It's a tiny part, so it would be easy to miss, especially if you have the real thing there to play with. :D

daniele_ut

Lullaby Lane has them in stock.

But it is actually a really good size for a 40# convertible. It would actually last rfing longer than a Roundabout, and just as long as the RA ffing.

Ooooh, that just gave me one more reason to consider this for our travel seat for dd. I was trying to decide if I wanted to splurge on an RA or buy something cheap like an Avenue. If this is smaller and lighter, it might be worth the splurge for me. We'll be traveling a lot this summer and we also need a third seat for the babysitter's car.

safeinthecar

Ooooh, that just gave me one more reason to consider this for our travel seat for dd. I was trying to decide if I wanted to splurge on an RA or buy something cheap like an Avenue. If this is smaller and lighter, it might be worth the splurge for me. We'll be traveling a lot this summer and we also need a third seat for the babysitter's car.

If it works with that strap thingy it would be a great travel seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC