More Como pics

LuvMyCharlie

I'm sure everyone is sick of them by now. :p

DS is 20.5 months old, 27 lbs. and 35" tall.

In the seat without the head bolsters:
IMG_9011.jpg

IMG_9012.jpg

Here he is with the head bolsters. He looks like a sardine but kept insisting that he have them in there:
IMG_9016.jpg

Here is a RF legroom comparison of the Como and the MA. Doesn't really pose a problem for us since DS's height is in his torso:
IMG_9019.jpg

IMG_9017.jpg

Installed in a 2008 Mazda5 next to a MA:
IMG_9025.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

Thickness of harness covers. It bugs me. I took them off:
IMG_9037.jpg

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

My daughter insinsts her head & hip bolsters are installed also, she loves them and the feeling of being snuggled. I do bring hers up and put them over her sholders where her sholders are under it and it's around her head. We haven't had any issues with the harness covers, they have never seemed to cause any problems and stay in place with that little rubber peice that is under them....

(I put her in the seat real quickly to snap this pic a few months ago for a friend of mine looking for one, this is the cobalt cover we have, the blush was in the wash at the time)

IMG_4546.jpg

babygirlsmom1005

I was thinking of doing just that. Thanks!

PS-I ENVY your Cobalt cover. I MUST have one.

I love it, it was from the first Como we had (they wanted the one back because my daughter chewed a snap off of the harness adjuster strap and their engineers wanted to see how she did it, they replaced the complete seat and sent a blush cover with the new one and said I could keep all the covers and such from the 1st seat, they didn't need it back - so it was a total score!!!) it's nice having 2 covers for it, espically since the next baby to go in it will be a boy!!!

Blondie87

How do you put it around their head if you have to have the straps through it? When I had the head thing in there he looked the same as luvmycharlie's pics..

babygirlsmom1005

How do you put it around their head if you have to have the straps through it? When I had the head thing in there he looked the same as luvmycharlie's pics..

Once I have her straped in, she is of course leaning against the insert and I pull the "pillows" up and over/out from her sholders to where it's just on her head portion. The way they are shaped, the come perfectly over the sholders and allow the harness cover to slide under them.

brooklynsmommy

Once I have her straped in, she is of course leaning against the insert and I pull the "pillows" up and over/out from her sholders to where it's just on her head portion. The way they are shaped, the come perfectly over the sholders and allow the harness cover to slide under them.

Perhaps the huge difference here could be that with the two people with lower ones, the child is still rear facing. So obviously they are going to be going lower with the straps through them. With Baby Girls daughter, the seat is forward facing. So the straps and therefore the section for the bolsters to go though is going to be up higher.

barnmama25

Perhaps the huge difference here could be that with the two people with lower ones, the child is still rear facing. So obviously they are going to be going lower with the straps through them. With Baby Girls daughter, the seat is forward facing. So the straps and therefore the section for the bolsters to go though is going to be up higher.
The technique still works RF, although it will pull them down slightly. The design of the head bolster almost molds itself to the childs back, kind of like becoming a second skin. The strap holes stay right at the shoulder level when you pull the head pillows up first, then when you tighten the harness, the head bolster becomes flush to the child and seat, leaving no gaps or loose spots in the harness. The slots are spaced closely enough on the Como that you shouldn't have extremely low routing placement on a RF child, meaning the bolster isn't going to be so low. Also the side are pretty flexible on the bolster and it is easy to tuck the ends into the childs shoulder/ neck area if they do creep to low.

Also car seat pictures rock!

babygirlsmom1005

The technique still works RF, although it will pull them down slightly. The design of the head bolster almost molds itself to the childs back, kind of like becoming a second skin. The strap holes stay right at the shoulder level when you pull the head pillows up first, then when you tighten the harness, the head bolster becomes flush to the child and seat, leaving no gaps or loose spots in the harness. The slots are spaced closely enough on the Como that you shouldn't have extremely low routing placement on a RF child, meaning the bolster isn't going to be so low. Also the side are pretty flexible on the bolster and it is easy to tuck the ends into the childs shoulder/ neck area if they do creep to low.

Also car seat pictures rock!

Yeap it worked RF aswell, we had her RF in the seat for a year and did the exact same thing (though she was never on the bottom slots, this was the 2nd slots, where she is at now is the 3rd slots)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC