Washing Car Seat Straps

Blondie87

So DFS2's mom has been taking him a lot lately. They have an Evenflo Victory (old Evenflo Titan) that expires in December and it's been in storage, and who knows where they got it before then.

It was really dirty so they washed everything in the washer and dryer, including the straps. She just called me and said that they can't figure out how to get the straps back in and if I could look online and see. I told them that I can figure it out, but since they washed the straps I don't feel comfortable with DFS2 using the seat.

DHS may be helping them buy a new seat, but until then I don't know what to do. She is supposed to take him tomorrow, and if they figure out how to put the straps back in they will use it. She says they can absolutely not buy a seat right now, even a $30 Scenera from Judi.

So until DHS gets them a seat.... what should I do??!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
No, it's not, but unless you go and buy them a seat it loks like it will have to do for awhile.

TXAggieTech

I would buy DS a seat to use when he goes with them. If CPS buys them a seat you can have it as a back up in the future.

Blondie87

I would buy DS a seat to use when he goes with them. If CPS buys them a seat you can have it as a back up in the future.

I was going to get a $30 Scenera from Judi for him to use with his mom, and I asked mom if she could bring the car to Baby Depot so Judi can install the seat in their car and the baby's seat because I KNOW she doesn't use locking clips when she needs too, and I gave her some locking clips. But mom said she doesn't *think* that her boyfriend's dad was home with the car, cuz they share, so she couldn't.

So after talking to Judi, I decided to just not even get the Scenera because she won't install it right anyways, so it's not any better. I will put the straps back in the seat right and he will go see her tomorrow but I will talk to the caseworker on Monday about it and see if she can make her go to a seat check or something. Hopefully they don't drive anywhere tomorrow....

Blondie87

Hijacking! How do you like the Keyfit for DFS2?

Good! He's not using it still, he just did for a few days. I haven't changed my siggy yet. But he fits great in it! He's so tiny, lol. But it's soooo easy to use and install. I love it. I can't wait to get a baby! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC